Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first real race at the local track since I got my car.It look like a drag car aluminum wheels,huge fiber glass hood,hood pins,bucket seats two young guys in there.He pulls next to me we line up at the the tree We take off he gets me by a car in a half as soon as I hook first I catch up an pass him.
If you want to know what I got just ask:D an my piston #2 is at 120 compression all others 240.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Guess who's not impressed?

This guy(meaning myself). Mustangs are slow, even more so some old ass fox body some young dumb kid drives. Which he probably got as someones unfinished project car.

I've over revved my honda accord engine(f22b1)to around 8.5k rpm, its mps at that rpm is retarded, its got stock internals and it held together.

Your engines compression shows it's in poor condition.

Impress us with a vehicle weight, a dyno graph, and a quarter mile time to show your reaction time and skill, and how well you've kept your car maintained.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess who's not impressed?

This guy(meaning myself). Mustangs are slow, even more so some old ass fox body some young dumb kid drives. Which he probably got as someones unfinished project car.

I've over revved my honda accord engine(f22b1)to around 8.5k rpm, its mps at that rpm is retarded, its got stock internals and it held together.

Your engines compression shows it's in poor condition.

Impress us with a vehicle weight, a dyno graph, and a quarter mile time to show your reaction time and skill, and how well you've kept your car maintained.
Thanks for all the information I have an h22a I go to 8k because I have supertech springs
I bought the car like that I had no idea it was low on piston two until I took to a shop.
Don't worry the dyno graph, quarter mile times an the weight will be posted. Im saving up to get a bluetop h23a vtec then h2b I'll be happy to show everyone my results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know there slow I beat a 95 v8 with a h23 prelude I hit a 15.6 I dont remember what he got this mustang was faster then both of them.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Resleeve your block, buy some pistons, rods ,rod bolts and headstuds. FRM sleeves suck. Boost it, N/A sucks. Boost is more efficient, significantly cheaper for the same amount of power and not to mention turbochargers quell exhaust noise as an added bonus.

You could also get forged rods and use stock pistons on the h23 and boost that,it would be signifgantly cheaper and the forged rods would support the forces- just make sure you get H-beam rods . If you have E85 locally its a high octane fuel alternative to make an absurd amount of power off pump fuel. You can run 10.5 comp with 14-20 lbs of boost from a disco potato. Crazy shit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Resleeve your block, buy some pistons, rods ,rod bolts and headstuds. FRM sleeves suck. Boost it, N/A sucks. Boost is more efficient, significantly cheaper for the same amount of power and not to mention turbochargers quell exhaust noise as an added bonus.

You could also get forged rods and use stock pistons on the h23 and boost that,it would be signifgantly cheaper and the forged rods would support the forces- just make sure you get H-beam rods . If you have E85 locally its a high octane fuel alternative to make an absurd amount of power off pump fuel. You can run 10.5 comp with 14-20 lbs of boost from a disco potato. Crazy shit.
You almost read my mind with all this.Im using the the h23a vtec Im getting soon for all motor h2b Im going to take all the head parts from the h22a an put them on the h23 it has skunk2 stage 2 cams supertech springs.Right now Im on cromePro Im bruning a little to much fuel but not to bad.I just got this car a few weeks ago I change the oil the next day and I got a 2.5 inch straight pipe exhaust put on I felt a big gain it had the original exhaust on it.Im lossing power with my header also its a crappy two piece with a 2 inch collector Im getting a RMF header.

For the h22a Im building that one on the side for boost like you recommend I already have some brian crower rods for the h22 get new pistons everything fully built another thing Im switching to hondata s300 after I put th h23a in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick question how do you add a picture like the one you have under your user name I added pictures of my car on my profile but want to put one like that too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
i once raced a 87 z28 with my crx si, made him look stupid too. anyone 16 year old can go beat a relatively stock late 80's early 90's v8 car :hehe

poor foxbody probably still had the 2.73 gear lol, i wouldn't be impressed if you beat it in a minivan

race something worth braging about next time

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Foxes can be a great lil car, but few mod them correctly. There's a bunch here in Huntington, they all think they're fast when they(all the pre 2k) mustangs can barely leave my accord. Poor mods and maintainence, combined with idiots that can't drive. Easy kills.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
lol

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I beat a mustang in my Honduhh once. or twice, maybe 3 times?

Cool story bro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts