Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

321 - 332 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Another update, spoiler decided to fly off my car going down the highway, lol.

The thing is literally falling apart. We'll see how my finances leave me in a month or so, but I'm inkeling towards buying another 96+ 850 Turbo and then swaping my R goodies on to it and then doing a nice job re-building the old turbo motor in the R and taking my time with it.

I'm really gonna try like hell to find a wagon too. Then I can haz 2 850's, one for daily driving, one for going racing. I'm thinking the R might get stripped out, lowered, and more power and big brakes.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Another update, spoiler decided to fly off my car going down the highway, lol.

The thing is literally falling apart. We'll see how my finances leave me in a month or so, but I'm inkeling towards buying another 96+ 850 Turbo and then swaping my R goodies on to it and then doing a nice job re-building the old turbo motor in the R and taking my time with it.

I'm really gonna try like hell to find a wagon too. Then I can haz 2 850's, one for daily driving, one for going racing. I'm thinking the R might get stripped out, lowered, and more power and big brakes.
Damn dude that sucks, it's only a matter or time before my car starts rotting away. I got a good look at my car's situation (couple more things to be replaced in the near future) while spending multiple hours under it yesterday.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
this is if I cant work said M3 deal out, because logically I';d love that, its just a matter of $$

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
this is if I cant work said M3 deal out, because logically I';d love that, its just a matter of $$
or buy 2K dollar 325is or 328is, swap in some m3 cams and a dr vanos rebuild kit, then shocks and springs, invest in reflash and enjoy similar performance

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
maybe, part of the reason I want this car is because I know the history and the owner and the car is near spotless and VERY well taken care of, so I know I'm not buying a bunch of problems

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Well, the R has reached the end of the road. It croaked last week. With all it needs, the fuel pump giving up and some electronics melting decided to make me say to hell with it, and Its not getting fixed. I towed it home, rolled it in the back under a tree, drank a farewell beer in the driver seat, and there it sits. It looks like I'll be parting it out, or selling it for parts here soon. RIP Volvo, you were a good car, and you will be missed.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
stay tuned for whatever my next ride is.

321 - 332 of 332 Posts