Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hm, the huge ventilated brakes make me think there is probably a lot under the hood but the wheels (Scorpions?) look like they belong on a show car and not a go car. And I'm not trying to be mean but I just have to say the chrome tail lights were a horrible idea that will always ruin any car. Most often I find the stock tail lights to be best. Lets see pics of the engine!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually, they probably do. Even if a part is lighter, if it is larger in diameter than the part it replaces it most likely has a center of mass further from the center. So even though it's lighter it is actually more difficult to rotate and you actually lose horse power and torque to the wheels. This is the principal of rotational inertia. Because tire grip is biased to the front of the vehicle under decceleration you would obviously want more braking performance up front and therefore one component of better brakes are larger rotors in the front then the rear. Combine that with a front wheel drive car and you're fixing to lose power. What gets me is that this car seems like a street car and so wouldn't come close to needing that kind of performance. Maybe slightly larger than stock rotors that are also cross drilled would suit a street car but a 13+ inch rotor is just a waste of money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hardedge said:
Hm, the huge ventilated brakes make me think there is probably a lot under the hood but the wheels (Scorpions?) look like they belong on a show car and not a go car. And I'm not trying to be mean but I just have to say the chrome tail lights were a horrible idea that will always ruin any car. Most often I find the stock tail lights to be best. Lets see pics of the engine!
Yeah im getting some Volk RAcing Wheels either the CE28n's, TE-37's or the GT-N's i cant decide though if bronze or black with a chrome lip or silver would be better. And i dunno what ima do about taillights though im gunna wait to do that last cause im doing my gs-r swap next.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hardedge said:
Yea im getting new wheels cant decide like the ones i posted above this. Its just a puny D but im getting a gs-r engine which is my next project and then gunna get the stage 4 turbo kit which can put out 575 hp. As for the brakes im prepping for turbo and they do slow down a bit. Not a noticably difference with that engine though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts