Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have FINALLY gotten my 98' Civic which I had driven home tonight...I picked it up from the previous owner around midnight. Let me just say...the ride home was magical...i love the car. I drove the car semi-hard on the way back and i just kept hitting 90mph before i knew it. The interior is in perfect shap, the outside has a few minor blemishes..nothing too bad though...Only problem that really gets under my skin is why the keyless entry wont work, but who really cares anyway..I finally feel like part of the family now...... :w00t

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea..an "EX" with a 2000si motor, tranny, axels, gs-r intake, civic type R intake manifold, AEM underpullys, GS-R ecu, dual core del sole radiotor, and DC 4-1 headers and a full Si interior swap, along with the rims and ground effects, I have also "finnally" realized that the car is lowered and has upgraded springs and struts, ...Im not bragging, im just informant, theres also a strut bar in the front and trunk along with a interior mounted brace.. But I'm already dying to get a exhaust for it....Dumb question here...if the windows go up slow while the car in running, and the interior/headlights get brighter when I rev the engine up, then that means ny alternator is done for right..?

:giggle I guess I should of just started a thread or something to tell you guys everything about the car....

·
Registered
11 Posts
raceinspiration said:
Yea..an "EX" with a 2000si motor, tranny, axels, gs-r intake, civic type R intake manifold, AEM underpullys, GS-R ecu, dual core del sole radiotor, and DC 4-1 headers and a full Si interior swap, along with the rims and ground effects, I have also "finnally" realized that the car is lowered and has upgraded springs and struts, ...Im not bragging, im just informant, theres also a strut bar in the front and trunk along with a interior mounted brace.. But I'm already dying to get a exhaust for it....Dumb question here...if the windows go up slow while the car in running, and the interior/headlights get brighter when I rev the engine up, then that means ny alternator is done for right..?

:giggle I guess I should of just started a thread or something to tell you guys everything about the car....
I would say that the pulley is making your lights dim because its under driving the alt. The slow windows seem fairly common and probably need the tracks greased. I'm no expert though...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, but where's the pics man!!!!!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
domscivic said:
come on he's excited.. be nice

congrats man, getting something new to drive is the best :clap

i agree. leave him alone even though i know you guys are just playin. Congrats but you better get some friggin pics up real soon.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
nismoboi said:
hahaha, all that for a civic...

welcome! :D ;)

i know what you mean, im selling my civic and getting a 93 tt 300zx

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
ex w/ b16.......hell yeah! welcome to the family :hug

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:noo Thank you for the welcome everyone..but i just found out some baaad news..I have a thread up discussing this somewhat already..Long strory short..my CEL came on, 2nd and 4th are misfiring, and compression test shows that one of my cylinders is only at 60 :bash Everyone is telling me that is why the car is running rich, I've got a bad valve, and the timing may be off...So now i need to get my head checked out but im just afraid that Honda is going to nail my balls to the wall.....

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
exactly what i was gunna say, and honda probably will nail your balls to the wall, big ass nails too....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its all good...as of right now though..My roomate has a friend who's built a 11sec Civic..He comes with good credibility, and is currently rebuilding an engine right now..I wish i could..But he's going to do the valve job (although he says that it may be the piston rings) for around $400 including parts...I'm considering getting some upgrades for the inside of the block since we may have to do bottom end work..Does anyone have any suggestions on parts that will really get me moving, i want to have more than just a Honda with a swap u know....

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
raceinspiration said:
Its all good...as of right now though..My roomate has a friend who's built a 11sec Civic..He comes with good credibility, and is currently rebuilding an engine right now..I wish i could..But he's going to do the valve job (although he says that it may be the piston rings) for around $400 including parts...I'm considering getting some upgrades for the inside of the block since we may have to do bottom end work..Does anyone have any suggestions on parts that will really get me moving, i want to have more than just a Honda with a swap u know....
good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After looking at the car, the guy thinks that it is the distributor, luckily someone is selling a b16 head with everything attached. All i need to do is find a ride out of my apartment to get there.. :clap I still want to check to see if the timing belt jumped a tooth or not, since the performance would be drasticlly different. i heard stories of many bent valves in Honda heads due to the timing belt jumping. I don't understand why myself, if the belt is in good condition and there is tension, there should be no jumping teeth..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.