Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rice is pretty much anything needless and untasteful done to a car. In general, it is form over function.
Examples:
- most headlight conversions (because people do some crazy shit that doesn't even look GOOD: Lincoln Towncar on Eclipse)
- Supra style super wings. If you are not a Supra, you cannot wear that Supra wing (i refer to the super high stock wing from a Supra, not veilside crud)
- Veilside knockoffs: why? Veilside looks great on Supras, RX-7's, and the like, but c'mon peopple the kit doesn't look good on EVERYTHING. At least pick a kit who's lines match the body of your car...and get stuff that lines up, instead of sporting fat gaps.
-Chrome Rims: please, no...Honda 4 cyls have enough torque problems, why add the dead weight.

To clarify: My beef is with the folks who see the civic as the end-all, be-all supercar, and the altezza as a glorious modification that makes their car the sh!t. News flash: Your stock civic is nothing. Altezzas look good on some cars, horrible on others, and moreover, EVERYONE has them. If u want to be part of the mindless flock, well, the cliff awaits you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It depends. In the case of an 11 second car that is not rice.

The rice equation is:

3(rice)/race=x

rice=%rice
race=%race

If x>1 then the car is rice.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well for all those haters :mad: :mad: :mad:

and for all those that appreciate my car and i thanx! ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you ran 11's you wouldn't be bragging or be proud of having altezzas. You'd be bragging about running 11's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fine, allow me to rephrase.
If a car with altezza's ran 11's, who'd notice the altezza's? Most sane people would be chomping at the bit to get under the hood.

Let me just spell it out ONE MORE TIME.
I "bash" (if u want to call it that), because I feel it is a tremendous waste of time and effort to post pictures of a stock black civic sedan, sporting nothing but regular altezzas. I point out that the car is nothing special. I state my opinion that the altezzas are a waste, do not add anything to the car at this point. I suggest the money be better spent on an intake or other more meaningful modification. Then, I display contempt at those who lavish praise on something which clearly, in my opinion, is undeserving of any attention at this point.
I re-iterate. The altezzas should not define his car. If they are merely a piece of a more developed creation, then maybe they'll be more accepted. As is, they do not a thing for the car.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Can't a guy be a proud Honda owner? Whats wrong with that??? :confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Danman1116,
I like your car man. My first mod was blue Honda H emblems. They cost me 20 bucks. Now, I have a good stereo system, rims, and a little bodywork. Stuff like that. Clearly I can’t compete with the people who have spent a lot more money than I have! I don’t have a turbo, or a huge body kit or anything. I think that what really matters is that we enjoy our cars, and we are working on them, making them into the image of that ultimate car that we have in mind. Seems like you enjoy your car; that’s all that matters.

Why, would someone who has spent a lot of cash on their car, and put a lot of work into it, complain about someone who is only getting started posting pics of his car??? Are you tiring to say that because you spent more, you deserve more attention? Stop whining! Are you insecure, maybe now that Danman’s car is on the message board… No one is going to have time to look at your car too?

It’s such a matter of taste, if he likes it, good for him. If you don’t like it, then stop talking.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Daft said:
Hey Danman, I like your sig!
Thanks for the support man...

and hell ya! Gwen Steffani rox!! Man if she weren't married to that Gavin guy I'd show her a good time ;) :p :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Daft said:
Danman1116,
I like your car man. My first mod was blue Honda H emblems. They cost me 20 bucks. Now, I have a good stereo system, rims, and a little bodywork. Stuff like that. Clearly I can’t compete with the people who have spent a lot more money than I have! I don’t have a turbo, or a huge body kit or anything. I think that what really matters is that we enjoy our cars, and we are working on them, making them into the image of that ultimate car that we have in mind. Seems like you enjoy your car; that’s all that matters.

Why, would someone who has spent a lot of cash on their car, and put a lot of work into it, complain about someone who is only getting started posting pics of his car??? Are you tiring to say that because you spent more, you deserve more attention? Stop whining! Are you insecure, maybe now that Danman’s car is on the message board… No one is going to have time to look at your car too?

It’s such a matter of taste, if he likes it, good for him. If you don’t like it, then stop talking.
:)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Danman1116 said:
well for all those haters :mad: :mad: :mad:

and for all those that appreciate my car and i thanx! ;)
haters? what? so you're saying because you have altezzas on your civic we're all supposed to tell you how awesome your car is? oh please... i see 100's of civic's a month, and altezzas are poo, so how's your car anything special? maybe if you do something in better taste, like some nice (not chrome) rims, stock tails, drop, cf hood, etc then maybe more people would like your car.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
just chillin said:

haters? what? so you're saying because you have altezzas on your civic we're all supposed to tell you how awesome your car is? oh please... i see 100's of civic's a month, and altezzas are poo, so how's your car anything special? maybe if you do something in better taste, like some nice (not chrome) rims, stock tails, drop, cf hood, etc then maybe more people would like your car.
I'm just saying let me like my car and stop bashin

21 - 40 of 77 Posts