Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Rice is a fad, nothing more, nothing less. Same thing as "JDM", it's just a fad, and it'll pass. I'm just sick of all the lil' whiteboys using this term when they're the ones who buy most of the "ricey" garbage as they're so fond of calling it. No offense to any caucasian board members who don't fall into the "whiteboy" category...

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
i'm not a big fan of clears/altezzas and i hate rice as much as the next guy, but your ride is clean. Clean is good. That alone won't make it rice. If you like em, keep em. If you don't, ditch them.

Don't mind some of the other guys. They are entitled to their opinions and you did post a pic which subjects your car to criticism. Take the good with the bad, and plan your next round of mods.

Here's a little hint, you need a drop and some serious engine work. Take care of the "GO" before the "show". Good luck :D

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
5.0 said:
i'm not a big fan of clears/altezzas and i hate rice as much as the next guy, but your ride is clean. Clean is good. That alone won't make it rice. If you like em, keep em. If you don't, ditch them.

Don't mind some of the other guys. They are entitled to their opinions and you did post a pic which subjects your car to criticism. Take the good with the bad, and plan your next round of mods.

Here's a little hint, you need a drop and some serious engine work. Take care of the "GO" before the "show". Good luck :D
Thanx man...so you think that I should get some engine work done to it first? Doin an intake and probably some pulleys as my first project on the car...gonna get a beater first, save some $$ and get some tax $$ back and then go to town on my car :)

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Danman1116 said:

Thanx man...so you think that I should get some engine work done to it first? Doin an intake and probably some pulleys as my first project on the car...gonna get a beater first, save some $$ and get some tax $$ back and then go to town on my car :)
Yes, take care of the engine first. Small bolt ons would be a good starting point if you're on a tight budget. I'm not too familir with civics but these would be some good additions with decent gains, power and 1/4 mile wise. Home-made ram air and K&N filter, short throw shifter and aftermarket clutch, cams, cam gears, header, cat back, pulleys, and a very small shot of nitrous (something like 50). That's somethings i got off the top of my head. Like i said, i don't know too much about civics. You might want to check with some of the civic guys first.

Or if you've got some cash or want big power, you could do what i plan on doing and steer right towards forced induction or engine swap. I plan on going big first, and small later.

Good luck.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
5.0 said:

Yes, take care of the engine first. Small bolt ons would be a good starting point if you're on a tight budget. I'm not too familir with civics but these would be some good additions with decent gains, power and 1/4 mile wise. Home-made ram air and K&N filter, short throw shifter and aftermarket clutch, cams, cam gears, header, cat back, pulleys, and a very small shot of nitrous (something like 50). That's somethings i got off the top of my head. Like i said, i don't know too much about civics. You might want to check with some of the civic guys first.

Or if you've got some cash or want big power, you could do what i plan on doing and steer right towards forced induction or engine swap. I plan on going big first, and small later.

Good luck.
thanx man...not gonna do any tranny mods...got an auto :( o well probably gonna do a short ram intake...don't know if K&N does one...know iceman and AEM do some good ones

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Give Danman1116 a damn break guys. People with their opinions. :rolleyes:

Danman1116, your car looks clean bro. The tail lights are nice man. Black civics are mean :)
Why don't you drop the car first as your first mod? Most people start with a drop or exhaust....and such.

I started with intake, and then exhaust (maxspeed dragger), dropped with H&R sport springs, and have 2 neon lights (one in front and one in back). I will be putting about 2 more neons on tomorrow or maybe just rewire the two with a switch that I have kept.

Good luck on the mod journey, Danman1116, and welcome! :)

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Starchild said:
Give Danman1116 a damn break guys. People with their opinions. :rolleyes:

Danman1116, your car looks clean bro. The tail lights are nice man. Black civics are mean :)
Why don't you drop the car first as your first mod? Most people start with a drop or exhaust....and such.

I started with intake, and then exhaust (maxspeed dragger), dropped with H&R sport springs, and have 2 neon lights (one in front and one in back). I will be putting about 2 more neons on tomorrow or maybe just rewire the two with a switch that I have kept.

Good luck on the mod journey, Danman1116, and welcome! :)
i'd like to do a drop on it but i think that it'd look better if i got some rims first which I might be getting soon ;) then I wanna do some simple stuff like an intake and some underdrive pulleys or whatnot

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Danman1116 said:

i'd like to do a drop on it but i think that it'd look better if i got some rims first which I might be getting soon ;) then I wanna do some simple stuff like an intake and some underdrive pulleys or whatnot
Do what your heart desires!!!!

Personally i would get rims first, and then do the performance mods. It all depends on what you are going for...looks or performance?

I am going for looks since my accord is just too slow ;)

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Starchild said:

Do what your heart desires!!!!

Personally i would get rims first, and then do the performance mods. It all depends on what you are going for...looks or performance?

I am going for looks since my accord is just too slow ;)
i'm probably gonna do some minimal work with the engine...just want to do the general upkeep of it and some simple mods to it (no turbos or anything) ; just want to make it look purty :):):)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Why does everyone talk shit ?! I like his car, it looks clean. just cause you have Altezza's doesn't mean it's rice. UGH, I hate you people that talk shit. Everyone has to start somewhere, my first mod were some different honda rims and everyone made fun of me becuase I had "stock" rims that I actually paid for instead of getting chrome ones. No one is driving your car opr paying for it, but when they do then they can talk shit!
DanMan Honey, I like your car, and all the more power to you with it, I hope it comes along great, good luck on it. ;) :p :) :cool: :D ;) :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uh no, it looks like highschool trash. Why the hell would a honda car 'guy' buy a damn auto? I have a bone stock DX coupe thats a stick and even i point and laugh at sedans with altezzas. That car is a dead end peice of shit with an auto in it and those lame ass altezzas make me want to get rid of my car. I'm associated with you? For the 80$ you dropped (burned) you could have done something else with it. like a short air intake or use that money to put your car in the classifieds.
By the way, how much hp to the wheels are those altezzas adding? Whats up with the embarrasing sig quote? and gwen is sooooo flat.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
replica667 said:
Uh no, it looks like highschool trash. Why the hell would a honda car 'guy' buy a damn auto? I have a bone stock DX coupe thats a stick and even i point and laugh at sedans with altezzas. That car is a dead end peice of shit with an auto in it and those lame ass altezzas make me want to get rid of my car. I'm associated with you? For the 80$ you dropped (burned) you could have done something else with it. like a short air intake or use that money to put your car in the classifieds.
By the way, how much hp to the wheels are those altezzas adding? Whats up with the embarrasing sig quote? and gwen is sooooo flat.
why don't you take your hatin to someone who cares :mad:

·
Registered
510 Posts
ah! Bite me Replica, oh wait , I've had better offers, thanks though. Your just a hater, such a bitch.
;)

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
ROCKINtheASTRO said:
dan...i like it :)
thanx man :D

and thanx acuragurlie! ur such a sweetie ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
no offense but those altezzas do look like trash, if your gonna get altezzas get some that look better.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts