Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I bought a 1/2 body 95 DEL-SOL SI, I had to buy almost everything and assemble. I couldnt find a Z6 that it came w/ so threw in a D15-B7 for temporary usage.... Now that its all together, it'll crank but wont run unless ur spraying starting fluid in it, also it runs more than 15sec's if I choke the throttle body. I have tryed everything and I'm at a loss. I've installed a new fuel pump, and filter. Like I sd it's gettin fire or it wouldnt run on Ethyr. Also, a friend of mine hooked sum kind of light to the injectors and when he hit the throttle it got brighter so he sd the TPS was working properly. I have a PO6 ECU which is for the D15. Please sum1 HELP?:confused

· Registered
2,231 Posts
Well you need fuel and spark, its pretty easy to check those, thats where I would start.

Fuel: Check fuel to rail, fuel to injectors, I would pull each injector, try to start, see if they each spray.

Spark: simple screwdriver jammed in the sparkplug wire and placed near a ground will show if you have spark or not.

Finally you need to check for compression, Timing, ECU Codes.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
If the car runs on starter fluid for a bit, then you prolly have spark, might be lacking fuel. Maybe clogged injectors. Check spray pattern. If you got the time, id suggest sending them to Witchhunter.com they can clean and flow test them all for $70, you just send them the injectors and they'll send them back with an invoice and chart to show how the cleaning went.

· Registered
478 Posts
WARNING: You appear to be more familiar with old school methods. FI engines have VERY high fuel pressures compared to what you are used to even with the key off. Be prepared for it to spray like an aresol can if you crack the lines.

Check if you can hear the pump running for the first two seconds after you turn the key on without starting. If you don't hear it hum then kick off then have someone check the main relay for you. They can be a bit temperamental. The good news is that they are cheaper n' dirt. If the fuel pump is working then check for pressure at the fuel rail, it could be a clogged filter. It sounds like you've already checked the injectors with a noid light so you've got a signal there and if it runs on ether then your spark is good. If you have the know how pick up a fuel pressure gauge and "T" it into the line just before the fuel rail. Watch for the pressures to come up when you key on and then make sure they stay up with the engine trying to run. Also make sure that they don't drop to fast when the pump is turned off as that indicates a problem as well.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
If you think 40 psi is high at idle, direct injection systems would blow your mind.

I dont know what light your referring to but just becuase the injectors light doesnt mean their working properly. Inj should pluse, there should be spark, and you should have good compression.

· Registered
478 Posts
From his description of his diag it sounded like he was more familiar with float bowls then fuel rails. So I thought that I'd give him a warning about pressures that are there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.