Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, my car broke tonite and i have no clue what it is. I was going to a friends house, i was pulling into his drivewayand its on a nice incline, so i had to go on an angle seeing my eg hatch is slammed about 3.5". no when i was just about over the main part of the incline i jumped the rpm up a little to spin the tires a little. well that did something, i think something snapped. I didnt think anything, but when i was leaving I put the car in neutral and rolled back seeing I was on such a big incline. well once i was in the middle of the street i put the car into gear and let off the clutch. and nothing. the rpms went up as i stepped on the gas, but the car was rolling backwards. It would go into gear fine, it runs fine, but it wont engage or drive whatsoever. its like its stuck in neutral. When i did put it into gear you could kinda hear somthin spinning and it just not catching kinda. I cant have my buddy look at it until tomorow, and cant fix it till monday nite. I work 6 days a week so this is horrible for me. any help you guys can give would really be appreciated.

eg hatch, jdm b16, 01 itr tranny, the clutch feels fine and it goes into gear fine. it just wont engage or drive. HELP !!!

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
anthonyzitek4 said:
Its your clutch
usually when the clutch is to blame the transmission wont go into gear while the engine is running.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont think that it has an ITR tranny if it snapped only one of the axles. If it had an ITR tranny it has LSD and it should still move the car. It would just have a loud band every turn. Still glad your car is good now though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
OutLawRaceR1 said:
I dont think that it has an ITR tranny if it snapped only one of the axles. If it had an ITR tranny it has LSD and it should still move the car. It would just have a loud band every turn. Still glad your car is good now though.
Its not a locker, its an LSD. It needs both axles working properly to move the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.