Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay my car has the neuspeed sport springs and the koni yellows the thing is i put everything togeher and now it rides like ass in the rear. Whenever i hit a bump it sounds like somethings been damaged really bad but i have the struts adjustability on firm and the spring is in the lowest perch groove thats on the strut. I have the kyb bumpstops in the rear but i dont see any fluid ont he strut i still cant figure out why it rides like ass someone help.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
ricer said:
neuspeed sport springs and the koni yellows the thing is i put everything togeher and now it rides like ass in the rear. i have the struts adjustability on firm and the spring is in the lowest perch groove thats on the strut.
you pretty much answered your own quesions/problems.

neuspeed sports+ lowest perch on the konis + konis at full stiffness+ NYC pothole/bump infested roads = SHITTY RIDE.

on the softest settings those konis will be STIFF with neuspeed sport springs.
i could only imagine what they feel like at full stiff.
i've autoxed my civic countless times and never had the need to set the konis at full stiff. you shouldnt either, especially NOT on the street.

how tall are the kyb bump stops compared to the stock ones? remember that its ideal to cut the stock bumpstops in half.

another thing might be that when the suspension uncompresses fully the spring is just flopping around because there is too much room between the top and bottom perches.

here's what i suggest:
try going up a notch or two on the yellows. turn the knob to full soft, and also make sure that everything is bolted down right and whoever did the intalled got everyhing right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts