Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this car cheap in early 2004. I've done most of the work to it myself except for tuning at higher boost levels. The original plan was for a stripped down drag car that is street legal so it can be driven to the track. I trailer it to the track now, and drive it on the street with an open downpipe.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oct 2004:
The original setup. D16Z6, eagle rods, srp pistons, block guard, t3t04e 60 trim. The way I notched the block.

The old motor coming out, the new one going in. (in no particular order) The d15b2 intake and exhaust looks odd on a z6, just ran it like that to get it through e-check. The vice grips were the only thing holding the distributor on for the testing. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jul 2005:
Making progress, started it for the first time on mpfi.

Aug 2005:
My laptop started acting weird evertime I plugged it into the cig lighter. Expecting it to be a voltage problem I checked the battery. 19.3 volts my meter said!!! No wonder, made in Cincinnati, nothing good can come from there. :)

OBX cam gear. The thing is solid as a rock.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a slightly used 1990 Si transmission cheap. I've seen a lot of bad input shaft bearings, but none like this.

Added an obx lsd while I was in there. And some gearspeed coated syncros.

Feb 2006:
The first gauge setup, had to change it for the cage.

A buddy gave me a sticker for it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mar 2007:
New 24.5x8.5 slicks: The breaking of shit has commenced. :(
Busted flange.

Rewelded the flange and ditched the exhaust system. Always coasted past the cops anyway. :)

The next week:
Busted both axles and the clutch all in one expensive run down the track.

And it still ran quicker than most of the cars there. :)

Apr 2007:
Yay, I didn't bust anything. Boo, the first half of the track was slippery, then it started raining.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
from the looks of it, you just might be able to do it. man i cant wait to get my garage all set, so i can build some little red heads of my own. good luck and keep up the great work man.:clappy
If I can get the boost control figured out to hold steady at high boost. (i hate boost controllers :( )

·
Registered
416 Posts
awsome buildup man

very nice

Reactions: Chiovnidca

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
...amazing

Reactions: Chiovnidca
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.