Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
well sortya i have a hiflow cat to replce it and well i finally took time after work today to jack up my car and grind off the horribly rusty bolts on the rear of the cat. the front ones i can trun nicely.

i wasnt gona fight them .

so after about 2-3 hours of grinding in the fricking cold it came loose. but then oh wait i didnt want it totally loose yet becuase it was damn near dark out by then. so i have a really nice sounding car until i can work on it again. and there is spose to be a winterstorm coming in for tomarrow tih like a ft of snow and bitter cold temps.

so here is my question.. in the mean time my hi flow cat is just sitting in here. it doesnt have a hole for my 2nd o2 sensor so what im asking is what size hole is needed for the 2nd o2 sensor. it loks like you would need about a half inch. does this have to be threaded or do you just make it fit. buy a gasket. i need to know. i would rather use my sensor then unplug or bypass the system

·
Registered
115 Posts
if you do a search on google there is a simulator for the 2nd O2 sensor (because installing it will do nothing but throw a CEL anyway as if it's what I think it is, it doesn't really do anything for the exhaust gases as far as cleaning them up, and the second O2 sensor will see this and freak). You can also somehow modify the first O2 sensors output and just plug that into the 2nd O2s...but I'm not sure on that one as I havn't ever gotten a straight answer on that. The simulator is based off a very easy 555 timer circuit and anyone with some soldering experience could do it.

Anyhow, if it's a "true" high flow cat, then you could just connect the 2nd O2 sensor as normal. It shouldn't throw a code. If it's one of those eBay ones that is more or less either a resonator or just a literal test pipe...then you need to trick the 2nd O2 sensor...

and pray that you never get caught cuz the fine is tremendous.

- Nathan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts