Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Prelude 22,000 miles my car started to smell like smoke I called Honda the tech said maybe a plastic bag is stuck on my exhaust pipe. So I got to work and checked no bag but my Cat is smoking bad what could cause this?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigHorny said:
Shitty gas...a bad O2 sensor...etc, etc....
You know what I just filled up a couple days ago atTexaco a place I normal do not go to. I started smelling smoke that same night do you think it is the gas.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murdah One said:

hope you didn't fill it with Diesel..:eek:

No I just checked my reciept I still had it I filled it with Premium. You know Texaco was known for watering down there gas though do you think that might be what it is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did you change your oil recently? maybe you got some oil burning off the exhaust piping.
did you hollow out your cat? mine collects exhaust in it at a stop and when I zoom off the person behind me gets a nice lil cloud on their a$$.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BluLuder said:
Did you change your oil recently? maybe you got some oil burning off the exhaust piping.
did you hollow out your cat? mine collects exhaust in it at a stop and when I zoom off the person behind me gets a nice lil cloud on their a$$.
No it was doing it before I got my oil changed I got it chnged yesterday but that's not it. I really am starting to think it's the gas I guess I'll know after I run it all out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
948 Posts
BluLuder said:
I have a blown motor.... cars behind me get a little more than exhaust gas- when I get on it.... they get an oily gas mixture.... it's great! I can shoot flames when I shift and the car leans out for the shift. Ahh... the joys of turbo.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mike_sho said:
My cat was smoking last night , then i smacked the pipe outta his mouth.

Bad kitty. - Sorry couldnt resist.
Damn you for makeing light of my problems.:mad:

LOL sorry couldn't resist.:D

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am going to run it a while to see if it burns it off maybe it will stop if it is still doing it Monday I am going to take it in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.