Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

My Cat is smoking!

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  InerTech 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Prelude 22,000 miles my car started to smell like smoke I called Honda the tech said maybe a plastic bag is stuck on my exhaust pipe. So I got to work and checked no bag but my Cat is smoking bad what could cause this?

#6 ·
Did you change your oil recently? maybe you got some oil burning off the exhaust piping.
did you hollow out your cat? mine collects exhaust in it at a stop and when I zoom off the person behind me gets a nice lil cloud on their a$$.

#7 ·
BluLuder said:
Did you change your oil recently? maybe you got some oil burning off the exhaust piping.
did you hollow out your cat? mine collects exhaust in it at a stop and when I zoom off the person behind me gets a nice lil cloud on their a$$.
No it was doing it before I got my oil changed I got it chnged yesterday but that's not it. I really am starting to think it's the gas I guess I'll know after I run it all out.:rolleyes:

#8 ·
BluLuder said:
I have a blown motor.... cars behind me get a little more than exhaust gas- when I get on it.... they get an oily gas mixture.... it's great! I can shoot flames when I shift and the car leans out for the shift. Ahh... the joys of turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.