Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into my 95 accord yesterday morning, only to find out that some fucker had broken into my car and stole my CD deck! :cry From what I can see, he got in through the front passenger-side window by first twisting outward that small plastic thing that sticks out like a brace to prevent the glass from mis-aligning, then stuck something into the upper left corner of the glass to pry in and push the window out to get an opening and probably used a wire to pull the lock. The fucker then opened the door and destroyed the door lamp. He got my CD deck, a decent Kenwood with a flip-open face, and the whole trim (single DIN and the tray below it). Now there's a big empty space in the middle! He even took my cologne and my freaking quarters! I guess he did not like rock music as he left my greenday and killers CDs. Fuckin lowlife.

What sucks even more is that last week I had made an appointment for today to have my alarm system fixed. The fuckface beat me to it. Should I just get a steering wheel club now that I don't have a head unit anyway? I'm still in mourning from the last one and I don't feel like getting a new one soon. And where can I get a replacement trim? Thanks!

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
this is a great start to stripping the interior to make a racecar :lol

fuck thieves...i hate them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
um what do u mean by trim? if its the tray part i believe u can get a metra housing for our car and but in a target cd player=p. ebay also sell that. if its the part where you have your emergancy button and foglight switch ebay should have it. i seen it on there for like 15 bucks shipped once in a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Didn't you have your security code set on your Kenwood deck? All Kenwoods have this feature IIRC. Its so when the deck gets unplugged or the battery dies you have to enter a code before you can use it. That way when it gets jacked you have the satisfaction of knowing that they can't use it at all!!

Me and most of my friends have kenwooon/Excelon decks for this reason. Its just frustrating when your battery dies and you can't remember your code ;)

I have The KDC-X990 by the way and it rocks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that's what you call it, a metra housing! stupid me. :hehe will look for one. thanks. it sucks everytime I see that empty space. now I'm using my ipod to listen to music. Hope the cops don't see me. :D
I just got the car and did not know how to activate the code. actually, i downloaded the manual but had not read it yet. stupid me, again!. :bash it's, or was, a kenwood kdc-519 with the faceplate that flips open.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Esq95accord said:
So that's what you call it, a metra housing! stupid me. :hehe will look for one. thanks. it sucks everytime I see that empty space. now I'm using my ipod to listen to music. Hope the cops don't see me. :D
I just got the car and did not know how to activate the code. actually, i downloaded the manual but had not read it yet. stupid me, again!. :bash it's, or was, a kenwood kdc-519 with the faceplate that flips open.

Sorry to hear.

The stock radio is in my Prelude, but has the C0de locked. I have to take the radio apart from the CD deck to get the S/n, and have not got around to that yet....Anyways, I was riding around with an Ipod for about 4 months in the Prelude........I started driving my Accord around for a daily driver, but it had no radio at all. I couldn't handle the paranoia of getting pulled for listening to an Ipod. I even got a ticket in my Prelude months back at night for running through a red right after yellow, but I pulled off the Ipod headphones before the cop could see. Finally I got a new stero for the Accord last week. I try to get detachable face plate steros because not only do they steal your radio, but also your car gets raped in the process.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RunninSOHC said:
Sorry to hear.

The stock radio is in my Prelude, but has the C0de locked. I have to take the radio apart from the CD deck to get the S/n, and have not got around to that yet....Anyways, I was riding around with an Ipod for about 4 months in the Prelude........I started driving my Accord around for a daily driver, but it had no radio at all. I couldn't handle the paranoia of getting pulled for listening to an Ipod. I even got a ticket in my Prelude months back at night for running through a red right after yellow, but I pulled off the Ipod headphones before the cop could see. Finally I got a new stero for the Accord last week. I try to get detachable face plate steros because not only do they steal your radio, but also your car gets raped in the process.
What I do now, I listen to my Ipod on just one ear. It sucks because after listening to music, it's like my ear goes deaf for a few minutes.

If you can only buy one item, would you buy a CD deck or an alarm? I'm still debating what to get. If I'm gonna get a deck, I'm thinking of getting the Sony deck that plays CD's, CD-R's, MP3's and has a AUX in front for my Ipod. It costs $120 at Bestbuy. Don't know much about alarms. What do you think?

Thanks and congrats on your new stereo.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
happened to me when i lived in the city...except the bastard used a less elaborate way of getting in...just smashed the passenger window

<---will always live in the suburbs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.