Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after giving my little brother my civic after i got my del sol a little over a month ago he decides to t-bone a kid in an rsx at a 4 way stop that he neglected to see. Hope shes not totaled, still have to get some estimates. Anyone want to take some guesses?

Reactions: gurusan

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
looks like its been pushed back quite a bit from looking at the hood and upper radiator hose. the whole thing is shifted towards the driver's side too.
i think it could be fixed and used as a daily driver, but i wouldnt bother with it if you want to autox it or road race it.
the total cost to fix it might be more than what the car is worth so the insurance company might just give you the money and consider the car totaled.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops ya i forgot to mention that my brother is ok. The kid he hit seemed to be fine but said his jaw was hurtin him a little and was gonna go get it checked out. Still waitin to hear from him.

Yeah its pushed back pretty far. Still runs and drives though. Atleast it could be moved out of the road after it happened, but we had it towed home cause of the upper rad hose condition and the plastic fan housings were touching the header.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
looks like its been pushed back quite a bit from looking at the hood and upper radiator hose. the whole thing is shifted towards the driver's side too.
i think it could be fixed and used as a daily driver, but i wouldnt bother with it if you want to autox it or road race it.
the total cost to fix it might be more than what the car is worth so the insurance company might just give you the money and consider the car totaled.
word the hose is bent like hell=crunch.. it's going to cost and arm and a leg.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8g's worth of damage to the RSX including rental car and other other expences! Gotta claim this one. My brother may get dropped, doesn't have a great record. Sucks, still haven't gotten a claim on the civic.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
SivicFerioR said:
8g's worth of damage to the RSX including rental car and other other expences! Gotta claim this one. My brother may get dropped, doesn't have a great record. Sucks, still haven't gotten a claim on the civic.
wow ,man your not having the best lucky as of late.. do you drive and rsx or a del sol like it says in your sig?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok civic used to be mine until a month ago whe i got the sol. The sol is mine now and the civic is my little brothers. he was the one that ran the stop sign and tboned the kid in the rsx. The 8g's is the damage to the rsx who my brother hit. gettin the civic towed to a shop tommrow.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
from the looks of it, insurance will total it. even if its a 95, thats still 10 years old, average mileage would be ~130k so even in excellent condition, the value is only at most $3500, my guess is it will cost around that to fix, unless it needs to get put on the frame machine...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think takin the civic to insurance is out of the question at this point. took off the fenders, hood, bumper and headlights today to survey the damage more. Looks like both frame rails are bent pretty good. The passengers side rail is easy to see in the pics (number 1). The drivers side rail bent about the same long with a decent amount of wheel well that is mangled (number 2). The other thing is that the drivers side motor mount is broken because of the bracket twisted a little. (number 3). I'm gonna continue stripping it down to the point where i can take detailed pics and see of anyone around town is willing to take a swing at it. Then get all the body pannels my self and worry about sprayin them whenever. Maybe just got with some krylon flat black for the whole thing. :D But we just need to get it driveable for my brother to avoid havin to buy another car right now. we'll see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.