Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to move to Woodstock ( just north of Atlanta). I am looking to buy an EK/EG Civic and install a GReddy Turbo Kit on the D16 as a daily driver and auto-x car. My other car will probably not be competitive in auto-x as I will be building it for straight line power.

What class would the Civic be in if I do not do any further mods other than the GReddy kit and suspension (GC coil overs, Sway Bars and maybe ES Urethane Bushing Kit)? And what else can I do to the car and remain in the same class?

Also, you only qualify as a rookie if you have never competed in an SCCA auto-x event, right? The reason I am asking is that I compete in auto-x in the Caribbean, and would like to know what I would be classed as? A rookie .... or not.

Let me know.

Kirk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Some regions have rookie classes others dont.

You are going to shoot yourself in the foot installing the turbo kit. You are automatically bumped to one of the hardest classes. You would be competiting against EVO8, STI, BMW M3s, and other 4 seater cars.

I would personally keep your car the way it is and just learn to drive it like that. I can bet you that you drive your car at your 1st year's events at 60% of it's potential. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did look up the classes in the SCCA rulebook and will probably change to a Acura GSR and stay in STS.

If the region I am going to has rookie classes, would my auto-x experience out of the US qualify me NOT to be a rookie?

I think however that I will drive the car more than 60% of its potential, as I have been auto-xing since 2001 and have been won the championship in 4 classes over that time period. By no means am I saying I cannot learn more, I am just saying I do push the car way more than 60%.

What do you guys think of the GSR in STS class.

Kirk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.