Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed the fuel filter already and it is still dying on my when I come to a stop. It seems to only do it when the car has been sitting awhile. Once it's warmed up it seems to be ok. But when I drive to work in the morning I have to restart my car about 3 to 4 times. And sometimes it will even die on me while I'm driving. Does anyone have any answers on this??

·
Registered
129 Posts
my brother has a 99 crv and i had it for bout a month and it started to die when i was goin down the road or whenever i would go to back out the driveway there was a recall on sumthin to do with the ignition take it to a honda dealer and see wuts up. i kno he took it to a honda shop and they got it fixed

·
Registered
26 Posts
my crv dying on me

how many miles on the car? 2 things come 1st: 1. your iscu (idle speed control unit) is bad and does not hold "cold" rpms (when engine's "hot" it kinda idles itself) and 2. clean your egr valve (don't ask me what it stands for, looks like a flying saucer, controls gas flow into the intake manifold).
on the side - don't save a penny now to lose a buck later, don't fill your cars with cheapest gas! and every 10K - pour a pint of seafom into the tank before refueling.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I THINK I FOUND THE REAL CAUSE

this is courtesy of hondasuv.com

TSB 02-075 Engine Stumbles or Stalls After a Stop

Applies To: 2002–03 CR-V – ALL

Date: December 10, 2002

SYMPTOM
Some owners may have experienced stumbling or stalling of the engine after the CR-V comes to a stop. This is mostly commonly found when the gas thank is about 3/4 full.

PROBABLE CAUSE
Sloshing of the gas within the tank causes a purge of fuel vapors to enter the engine.

Fixes
Update the CR-V's ECM/PCM software from the dealer's December 2002 or later Interactive Network (iN) CD, using the HIM (Honda Interface Module). Refer to SB 01-023 for progamming instructions.

CUSTOMER INFORMATION:
The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers,” and you should not assume this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this information applies, contact an
authorized Honda automobile dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts