Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyones always asking what the next big thing is and everyone always seems to think they have the absolute word on whats cool and what isn't. Its true that some movements have grown form small groups of fanatic worshippers to mass appeal.

Lets take JDM movement for example. it's a style and technique that's become very widely accepted. It has become so mass marketed that some purists who fell in love with the style are begining to get annoyed by its generalization. This is probably because its so mainstream, so many more people grasp the idea, add in their own concepts, and evolve it into their own vision, blurring the lines that differentiate the style. Add the fact that a large number of people from all regions and across all cultural backrounds are becoming import enthusiasts and predictability goes out the window. As the import scene grows, so do the variations of style. Before you were either the type who leaned toward show/conversion styles or toward JDM/performance techniques. Now you get both pends of the spectrum and everything in between, a trend much in import scenes around the world.

theres pure-bred ITR's with type R conversions, rides that got the full spoon/mugen treatment, and tons of look-alike hondas sporting everything that wasn't meant to be on them. yet you could find type r conversion integras with lambo doors, candy paint and lots of chrome..go figure. the has become a melting pot of idea's and it's great to every one choosing the styles they like and mixing things up. it makes a much more creative expression in car styling.

Of course these new styles comes with more people who will say this and say that. to people who don't like someone elses work, i say respect and appreciate everything, even if its not your style. You don't have to trash it either. if your a car owner, just be proud of your work and be happy with whatever you do. if some one has something to say about it, screw him or her..

When im with people who always have something negative to say i find myself getting caught up in it as well. everyone has there reasons why there car is better/worse. what ever happend to the love and the respect of car tuning. we should all take a step back and remember why we joined the import scene. I believe its because our love of this car culture inspires us to make our cars an extension of our self. It follows that no two people are the same. because of this there ar "genres" like All-show, all-go, and street racers and so on.

So why dont we all take part on this revolution take a deep breath-----and just respect each others rides, and techniques....

Sorry so long I just had to make a point for some people.

G_money

·
Registered
660 Posts
yeah i understand wat you sayin, and you have a good point.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i had to show some people on here whats up...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^

·
Registered
61 Posts
true

mann i know how u feel sometimes i dont like peoples rides but i guess i need to give em respect good thread. i will stop being negative cus i hate when people are negative to me like domestics!! peace

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's very true how things lose there appeal when they go mainstream.

I always get cd's as soon as there out, then 3 months later, everyone is listenin to it, and then I hate it.

My style is only adding parts that improve some driving aspect of your car. Carbon fibre has purpose, altezza do not, BUT I guess I should respect anyone who takes time/pride to modify their car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been wanting to say the same thing, only i didnt want to get flamed or be called a whiny baby or something. Very well said though man.

·
Registered
182 Posts
word. so everyone stop bashing on "rice."

·
Registered
97 Posts
That frame of mind and mutual respect is what keeps our lifestyle alive... Don't hate on someone because they don't have the ends to throw down 1200 bones for a bumper or 4g's for a nice pair of shoes... Daddy didn't always have it good... I used to push an 89 Celica GT-S... But... I worked with what I had... Think about it...

Nicely put G...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the replies people. i just wanted get it off my chest...

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
man i thought this thread was dead.!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
as long as someone is doing something they like with their ride, then that's cool, but doing something cuz you've seen someone else do it and get props for it but yet, you don't really like it is what i hate.....if you like stickers and wings, then do it, but if you're into a clean look with just altezzas and yellow honda emblems, but you do it JDM cuz you heard it's cool, then you're cheating yourself...it's for your own enjoyment first......that's my view

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have to say that, A car should have both. The Show and The Go.

I seen alot of "GO' cars and they arent that great looking.

People spend so much $$ at auto shops, buying cleaning products, I have to admit, i DO.

or Maybe Im just too old now:p. WHo doenst like attention???

·
Registered
171 Posts
CIVICsTyLin said:
word. so everyone stop bashing on "rice."
Rice goes good with beans and pork chops. Good Puertorican food. It is also found in many other cultures. Instead of rice being something bad it is something we have in common. Damn who'd a thought?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.