Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few shots to show the new reflection. This new wax im using works pretty good as you can see. This is also about 2-3 weeks after applying it. With about 2-3 washes. Used NXT Tech Car Wash.

Hasnt had much else in awhile.

The Fender

The sides

The Trunk

The Roof

More to come.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Geez Mike... You ruined it all, I thought you were awesome :(

Hahah I'm just kiddin man. That looks fkin awesome. Is that just the wax or a full detail you did. BTW, what wax did you use? Props man! :tu

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leaves were falling all over. What can you do. :) That was just a wash from today, the car was waxed 3 weeks ago. Still looks good.

The wax is a secret. :ninja

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I wouldnt say wax has everything to do with the reflection. But it does a good job with this one.

The polishing also really helps. The spiderwebs you cant really see. But there are some there that I would like to fully remove.

It is the s100. I do reccomend meguiars a lot, due to its cost and easy availability. But yeah this is the first time I tried it. Durability and shine blows away gold-class. I want to try some nxt vs this wax or put nxt then s100.

But thats next time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm like Mike, gotta have clean paint :tu Won't find a single scratch or swirl in my finish.

These are from a short photo-op I did tonight on my way home.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I try to keep mine clean as possible. I still want one of those Porter Cable buffers mike talk about, right now I do it all by hand.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Where can you get the S100 wax?

~Peace

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah dont let the wax confuse you. This shine was achieved using other products beforehand. The wax is see through and just enhances that shine.

S100 is good and easy to use but also doesnt fill in things like others do, nxt and such....nxt helps make it appear even more perfect.

But S100 if used on a well preped surface will look very nice.

I suggest getting a polish and pre-wax cleaner beforehand for ultimate results. Heres a good process.

NXT Wash , Mothers Clay Bar , #7 , S100 Shine Enhancing Lotion , then S100 Wax, Your car will look totally different with this setup.

If it needs more work. Do something before thats stronger Ill try to find something locally that would work. Im thinking you could at least try the deep crystal cleaner. But thats not really too aggressive.

Also if the paint still isnt so hot. You can also work in NXT WAX before the S100. This will cover up all the imperfections...but probably will remove the shine enhancing lotion. Then apply the S100 like an hour later if possible...to let the nxt set.

You can also subtract a few things. Try out just a few products. Wax is intended to seal in the polish work you have done basically and protect it from elements as well add some shine , depth etc.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually If you want a better solution I just figured out and will be my new combo is (this is fully neglected paint...you can skip the clay if your cars paint feels smooth).

NXT Wash , Clay Bar, #80 , S100 Cleaner , S100 Wax.

Just getting these products is just a tad bit more work. You have to search meguiars.com for professional line retailers. You will find some weird shops in your area and they will have the #80 hopefully. Call beforehand.

As for the S100 line thats at Harley Davidson Stores.

This will probably end up costing less and of course be easier since there is less products and steps to use.

#80 is a slightly abbrassive cleaner that diminishes to a light polish and turns into a really nice shine. You could even skip the S100 Cleaner with this stuff.

So basically #80 and S100 and you should have a very nice detail for not too much money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts