Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, today i had a chat with a guy on HT who is basically running the exact setup that i am going to be running, just he has it on a Type R.
I found out that i no longer have to fabricate the TPS sensor in order to get an increased voltage range. I now can run the suzuki tps sensor and basically splice the harness into the honda harness and scale the voltage range with my Crome tuning program.
On the suzuki tps harness there is a signal, power, and ground wires. Using a voltmeter to the TPS when it is on the ITB's, you can measure the resistance. The pin that produces a scaled increase/decrease when you open/close the throttle will be the one that i match to the honda harness.

One thing that i really like about the suzuki throttle bodies is the ability to take them apart and insert spacers between the TB's to make the runners more "straight line" and being able to have a more direct flow of air to the head.

I havent completely made up my mind on where i am going to mount the fuel rail. If i were to use the mounts for the stock honda fuel rail, my aem rail would fit perfect with no problem. The problem i run into is this. If i run the injectors at the bottom, i'm not going to get as good of a fuel mixture as i would if i placed the injectors in the busa injectors holes and custom made a fuel rail. A better mixture = better power which essentially puts me where i am now. I know places that i can make my own rail (like 45 dollars), but thats just one more thing to add to the list of customization :lol

The next problem or task, i should say, is mounting the throttle cable.

Notice on these busa throttle bodies that the throttle cable is on the complete opposite side of the manifold. This is where it gets a little rough. I can find a way to snake the throttle body around to get it to the right length for mounting, i can find someone to custom make me a cable, OR i can find a shorter cable through something like a sohc civic.

Anyway, i been doing a hell of alot of research and thought i would pass on some info to you guys. :)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
You see this is exactly why I opted not to buy those busa itbs from my friend. :(

None the less, great info.....:tu
Who knows, I might actually end up buying those itbs and just doing it as a side project using the info you give us. :ninja

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my plans are to take pictures of everything i do and do full writeup on how to do it. We'll see :ninja .....i been writeup happy lately so maybe it will happen.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Those throttles look insane.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blacktraxgirl said:
woot..... lemme know how everything goes. im sure you will keep us all updated as much as possible....but ive been watching this project of yours for awhile :)
its been slow and agonizing :( . If it wasnt for having to sell the build parts, it wouldn't have been so slow and agonizing. Oh well. Gotta work with what you got ;)

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
h22lude said:
you aren't happy unless you have a huge list of stuff to do to your car
hopefully this is only the beginning of a great motor build. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks to me that the work doing this must be half the fun of driving the car with the ITB's

I would love to see a write up on this. Pics would be the best

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh yeah...one thing i am kind of stuck on is the map sensor. I'm going to be running a vacuum cannister from golden eagle so that the map sensor can read vacuum and idle wont be so hard to tune. My question is does anyone have any idea on how i would mount the map sensor? It would have to be mounted somewhere on that can or something. I've read all about the need for the can but no where have i found out how or where to mount it.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to answer my above question:

"When you remove the MAP from a honda TB you can see the nipple where it reads the vacumn from, as long as a vacumn line is attached to that, you're golden.

I used a home made log and the golden eagle unit, both worked fine. If you DIY your log, don't go too large or you will have a hard time with the brake booster. The Golden Eagle one is pretty good for the price (~$35)"

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you said that if you mount the injectors in the busa injectors holes you gonna get better fuel mixture... thats cos of the more distance that the fuel will travel with air to end up in the cylinder and for that will have more time to mix up air RIGHT?

so...
1. Doing that with the busa injectors holes being about 4" away from the stock injectors holes isn't going to mess up with timing?
2. I know that this is something you can tune with an aftermarket ecu for me having an e-manage (not the ultimate one) can i do that?

ps. I'm asking cos my friend have few gsxr motors (from '88 to '96) wich is parting out to sell to build his 1.3L busa and he has plans to get bigger itb's for and i may got me a set of busa itb's for FREE :D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Very nice Blake. Had no idea you were this far along. I thought you gave up on the lude for a while since the traffic volation incident... :ninja

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
prelude707 said:
Very nice Blake. Had no idea you were this far along. I thought you gave up on the lude for a while since the traffic volation incident... :ninja
i have yet to start putting them together. I wanna make sure i know ALL before i really get into it.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did a little more work....slow progress :lmao

got them taken apart just a little bit ago. Tomorrow i am planning on finding someone with a bandsaw so i can cut the runners off the manifold. I got a friend of mine who is going to weld new runners on for me. From there i can figure out what size spacers i need to put between them. Then its just a matter of getting couplers to attach them to the runners. So far so good....... :p

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
its looking good blake, cant wait to see the final numbers

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CBags04 said:
its looking good blake, cant wait to see the final numbers

well i found somewhere to cut the manifold. I'm pretty busy with school and other associated things, but im gonna try and get it done today.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

just got back from the machine shop. They did an exellent job and did exactly what i wanted them to do. Perfectly square for easier welding. Charged me 20 bux to do this work.

so...

so far the cost:
ITBs = 175 dollar
manifold = free
fraction of the machine work = 20 dollars

my next task will be done tomorrow. Tomorrow i will be talking to the guy who operates the milling machine. He will be porting and milling the injector holes on the throttle bodies. I will be ordering the new runners soon.....

note:
I'm gonna change the name of this thread and just use this for my progress til it is done. After they are done, i will post a write up on how to do them.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.