1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
LOL @ the out the hole..

Nice video..

3 things that come to mind

1) were u spraying on him

2) you realize DC and magnaflow are garbage right?

3) if you went with a "real" header, and a 2.5''+ exhaust piping with a good muffler on back you'd probably free up around 20+whp more..?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
was that a stock sti
I love his mods list mang,

Its that 6 buck clutch hes got, its his jdm secret.

Ya might want to organize your modifications so they make sense, like a "12 lbs pulley" all by itself looks idiotic. Put it like this JRS /w 12(psi/lbs) pulley Another one would be "ported SC"

Making the final mod something like this: "Ported JRS /w 12 psi pulley"

Finally who the hell lists " stock si wheels" as a modification?

Go-Go Gadget rice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love his mods list mang,

Its that 6 buck clutch hes got, its his jdm secret.

Ya might want to organize your modifications so they make sense, like a "12 lbs pulley" all by itself looks idiotic. Put it like this JRS /w 12(psi/lbs) pulley Another one would be "ported SC"

Making the final mod something like this: "Ported JRS /w 12 psi pulley"

Finally who the hell lists " stock si wheels" as a modification?

Go-Go Gadget rice.
Last time I checked, anything that was'nt on the car from the factory is a modification....DUMB ASS!! Or are you just mad because your mod list does'nt look like mine?
And rice! Are you serious! How about you jump off your high horse and bring your pimped out jdm tyt accord to my local track? Or do you only talk shit.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thats know good. Kinda lame actually.....
BTW, its my buddys STi and I know he has a bigger turbo, exhaust, and its tuned......but thats all I know about.
My car makes 217whp off the bottle and right at 300 sprayin.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Well thats know good. Kinda lame actually.....
BTW, its my buddys STi and I know he has a bigger turbo, exhaust, and its tuned......but thats all I know about.
My car makes 217whp off the bottle and right at 300 sprayin.
so i purposefully misspelling words. how's the 6 buck treating ya :p you wouldn't happen to be from mobile would you?
man is wish sti's were fast since they're so pretty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL! It was an honest mistake misspelling that word. And I already fixed it, thanks to smart ass up there^. haha. I live in Dothan, on the other side of Alabama. I dont care if STI's are fast or not, I still would'nt own one. :) Im more of an EVO guy.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
LOL! It was an honest mistake misspelling that word. And I already fixed it, thanks to smart ass up there^. haha. I live in Dothan, on the other side of Alabama. I dont care if STI's are fast or not, I still would'nt own one. :) Im more of an EVO guy.
i love evo ix's and not sti's aren't fast even when they make big power.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You never answered my question.

why are you running a shitty header and dinky exhaust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice s13! My buddy just bought a JDM s13 coupe. I'll send you some pics when I get some.

My header is fine and I have a full 2.5" exhaust, which is big enough for the power that I make. I really don't give a fuck about YOUR opinion on MY exhaust. What makes you think my exhaust is......"dinky" anyway?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Nice s13! My buddy just bought a JDM s13 coupe. I'll send you some pics when I get some.

My header is fine and I have a full 2.5" exhaust, which is big enough for the power that I make. I really don't give a fuck about YOUR opinion on MY exhaust. What makes you think my exhaust is......"dinky" anyway?
For not only the pure fact, people come to me to make their cars go fast, but from the vast knowledge of learning exhaust flow and velocity..

That "DC" header, it's primaries are no bigger then a stock usdm itr header, which is roughly too small for any type of power or forced induction setup..
Secondly, that "DC" header, has a 2.25'' collector, which is "bottlenecking" your exhaust flow.. hence losing power.
Tell you this much tho bro, exhaust shops, and header shops measure the outside diameter of piping, so that collector, is really smaller, and that exhaust your using, is really 2.3/8ths instead of 2.5'' :) Go measure, you'll learn something.

Lastly, i'd put money on you getting a better header, and a "true" 2.5''+ exhaust you gain almost another 20+whp if not MORE on your setup.. which is pretty stout.. but if u dont see the gain of spending what, 100 bucks for a true exhaust system and another 300 for a "decent" header.. 400 bucks for 20+whp? to the ground? Seems kindof stupid if u dont do it..

What do i know tho, right? I'm just some dude, who people pay to make them go fast..*shrugs*

I'm giving you corrective crisitsm, to help you go faster.. i've been doing this since i was 14, and i'm 25.. i've seen what makes power, i'm seen those "Freak" cars.. hell i had one.. Point is.. when you gain 17whp on just bolting up a header on a all motor app like i did.. hehehheh you tend to start wanting to know why you gained that much power..

I ran a header like yours a JSPEC itr replica header, with a "2.5'' collector.. to a 2.5'' exhaust.. it was cool, made 207whp stock block mind you.
Then i got a 2.0 hytech.. REAL hytech.. with a tsudo true 3.0'' exhaust.. and picked up over 12 whp w/o tuning..thats a all motor setup, on a STOCK block.. which is now getting stroked.. whats funny is, i'll be making as much as you are now, all motor and off the juice..

and i have a 75 and a 100 shot, both direct ports..
Do you know how nitrous works? or should i school u on that too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First off, you didnt "school" me on how an exhaust works, and I know how nitrous works....
Whats funny is that you also had to spend almost as much as I did to get almost the same power. But thats cool, I would'nt mind haveing 200+whp n/a.
If you want to give good advice, you prolly should'nt be such a dick about and maybe I would'nt mind hearing what you had to say.
Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far it has ran an 8.6 @ 90mph on drag radials. As you can see by the mph, I have some traction issues(spin 1st and part of 2nd). I also have an open diff. I just bought a type R lsd transmission, traction bar, front and rear strut bars, and a rear lower tie bar. So it should hook and and handle a lot better!!
With my new parts and slicks my goal is to hit high 7's. I'll prolly up the "pills" at that point. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.