1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
LOL @ the out the hole..

Nice video..

3 things that come to mind

1) were u spraying on him

2) you realize DC and magnaflow are garbage right?

3) if you went with a "real" header, and a 2.5''+ exhaust piping with a good muffler on back you'd probably free up around 20+whp more..?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You never answered my question.

why are you running a shitty header and dinky exhaust.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Nice s13! My buddy just bought a JDM s13 coupe. I'll send you some pics when I get some.

My header is fine and I have a full 2.5" exhaust, which is big enough for the power that I make. I really don't give a fuck about YOUR opinion on MY exhaust. What makes you think my exhaust is......"dinky" anyway?
For not only the pure fact, people come to me to make their cars go fast, but from the vast knowledge of learning exhaust flow and velocity..

That "DC" header, it's primaries are no bigger then a stock usdm itr header, which is roughly too small for any type of power or forced induction setup..
Secondly, that "DC" header, has a 2.25'' collector, which is "bottlenecking" your exhaust flow.. hence losing power.
Tell you this much tho bro, exhaust shops, and header shops measure the outside diameter of piping, so that collector, is really smaller, and that exhaust your using, is really 2.3/8ths instead of 2.5'' :) Go measure, you'll learn something.

Lastly, i'd put money on you getting a better header, and a "true" 2.5''+ exhaust you gain almost another 20+whp if not MORE on your setup.. which is pretty stout.. but if u dont see the gain of spending what, 100 bucks for a true exhaust system and another 300 for a "decent" header.. 400 bucks for 20+whp? to the ground? Seems kindof stupid if u dont do it..

What do i know tho, right? I'm just some dude, who people pay to make them go fast..*shrugs*

I'm giving you corrective crisitsm, to help you go faster.. i've been doing this since i was 14, and i'm 25.. i've seen what makes power, i'm seen those "Freak" cars.. hell i had one.. Point is.. when you gain 17whp on just bolting up a header on a all motor app like i did.. hehehheh you tend to start wanting to know why you gained that much power..

I ran a header like yours a JSPEC itr replica header, with a "2.5'' collector.. to a 2.5'' exhaust.. it was cool, made 207whp stock block mind you.
Then i got a 2.0 hytech.. REAL hytech.. with a tsudo true 3.0'' exhaust.. and picked up over 12 whp w/o tuning..thats a all motor setup, on a STOCK block.. which is now getting stroked.. whats funny is, i'll be making as much as you are now, all motor and off the juice..

and i have a 75 and a 100 shot, both direct ports..
Do you know how nitrous works? or should i school u on that too?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
So far it has ran an 8.6 @ 90mph on drag radials. As you can see by the mph, I have some traction issues(spin 1st and part of 2nd). I also have an open diff. I just bought a type R lsd transmission, traction bar, front and rear strut bars, and a rear lower tie bar. So it should hook and and handle a lot better!!
With my new parts and slicks my goal is to hit high 7's. I'll prolly up the "pills" at that point. :)
i dropped from a 2.2 to a 1.9 60' by just going to a jdm itr tranny with a 4.9FD

I also gained 4mph in trap and went from a 13.5 to a 13.3 on the very first run with it..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
yeah, people on here are cocky ass nuggets from time to time

anyways good job on the car, what does it do in the 1/8th?
:lol2

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
So far it has ran an 8.6 @ 90mph on drag radials. As you can see by the mph, I have some traction issues(spin 1st and part of 2nd). I also have an open diff. I just bought a type R lsd transmission, traction bar, front and rear strut bars, and a rear lower tie bar. So it should hook and and handle a lot better!!
With my new parts and slicks my goal is to hit high 7's. I'll prolly up the "pills" at that point. :)
you plan on taking advice or just sticking to dinky stuff.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
then you'll do fine. don't let joe schmo get you mad over the interwebz
ya, or get really upset when your turbo car can barely run with a all motor car :-\:hehe

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
or get mad because you're spending thousands of dollars for 220whp maxed out car to barely hang with my baby turbo
that was then, in two wweeks it'll be different :)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'll take a better picture tomorrow but this is the best one I have right now.
What do you think it is? Its so old, the name has worn off.
1) That SIR , is a megan obx shitty ass, 2.25'' collector header..

change it asap and probably gain A TON of power..

2)

i'm not going to try and sound egoistical here.. but point blank
My car made 217whp off the bottle. I have a video i can link you to, of me running open header, at a track. This was after a 4.9FD and hytech header install and no tune done, i kept the same tune as the dinky header from before. I ran a 300+whp GTI and my buddies ls/vtec with a sc61 fully built making 401whp

I walked them both.. the GTI by multiple bus lengths and the integra i beat by a full car by the end of the 1/4.

My car traps 107mph off the juice as well, on street tires. I had just bought some drags and my bottem end let go, which is why i'm stroking it now.. going from a 1.8 to a 1.95liter and going to 82mm. The car should make upper 230's whp off the bottle and i'll have a 75 or 50 shot on top. The way i have my nitrous setup, i was making almost 80~83whp off a 75 direct port shot, because of my aggressive timing maps.
I never tracked it on the jigga juice, and i ran it on 1 pull on the dyno. I ran a bolt on z06 from a 40 punch on a 100 shot, and put 3 city blocks on him. that race was before my tranny / header upgrade. so i assure you, my car was by no means slow.. and k20's couldn't touch me then, and they wont come close now. :hehe

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
All Motor ITR 210+WHP vs 400+ whp built LS/vtec sc- Video

I'm the only white integra in the video.
There were no times posted, as this was a run what u brung street event, we bought out the track for the night.. but u can watch the first race and gain how fast that lsvtec turbo integra was

thats a 2005 350z with a 75 shot and full bolt on mods and utec tune, making almost 400whp..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
holy no traction batman. tj's 370whp spins like that teg from a dig haha. i bet you smacked 9K+ rpms off of that bitch too didn't you and then when you caught traction you sprayed huh. what time did you run. a heavier s14 with a t28 on the same setup as man went 12.6 with full interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ozuL5ZHvo

no more than 290whp
i never sprayed on those videos.. i have no videos of be spraying

i hit 9.5k about 4 times before traction was caught.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
How far off is my tune going to be if a slap a better header on here?
Any time you make a adjustment as big as a header its going to need to be retuned.. your moving more air.. more verlocity..

it'll be fine w/o a retune for awhile but to unlock 100% power you'll need a retune.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
silly map cars
can't wait to show you my pics..

Got everything fully apart, start assessing today..

2/3 bearings let loose, MAIN and rod bearings..

they are completely ate up.. bronze everywhere lol

my motor is clean as shit....looks like its brand new.. shame the bearings show otherwise.

cause you might ask..

too thin oil it looks like to me.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Whose oil and what weight were you running at the time? Do you also know what your oil pressure was at?
Oil psi at idle was 20, crusing for me was around 75psi vtec to 10k was 90+psi

Seems tho, 0w-40 is too thin, i went to a heavier oil to control the oil burning, which it did, problem is, its water thin and doesn't provide the added protection you need during "non" rpm times..

10w-30 is what i will be sticking with, from here on out
b series are designed, with the specs, for that motor oil only

5w-30 or 5w-20 is the newer oils because they run tighter specs..

it was my fault, for using such a thin oil, but coming as a recommendation from some of the top engine builders in the world i wouldn't have thought twice.. you live and you learn tho..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Was it Mobil? Castrol? etc?

The 0w40 is still a 40 weight oil but if the car isnt subjected to cold temps all the time you may want to go with a straight weight oil, or at least a number higher on the winter startability like 15w40. The problem with 0w40 oils is their viscosity stability over time. They need more pour point depressants to meet the 0w qualification, thus reducing the availability for other additives.

I would be willing to bet most race car teams stick with straight weight oils. I always use 10w30 not 5w30, the pour points for 10w30 are still more than enough for where I live.

Do you have an oil temp gauge?
Of course i do..
that wasn't the problem tho, b series engines have specs and clearences made for 10w-30.. just like k series has specs and clearences for 5w-20 or 30

look at my thread in the integra forum.. it was oil starvation, it wasn't clinging like it should..

oil temp or oil psi wasn't the problem.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hey, I cant help it that I know how to drive my car. lol
I don't think the cobra would've had me on the 60ft even with a good driver. I cut 2.0 60fts without a traction bar or lsd. I drive my car with nitto555r's daily. At the track I use BFG radials.
And Im positive neither car would run me down in the 1/4.
bone stock snakes pull 1.8~1.9 60's with a trap of almost 110mph and high 12's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.