Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
was that a stock sti
I love his mods list mang,

Its that 6 buck clutch hes got, its his jdm secret.

Ya might want to organize your modifications so they make sense, like a "12 lbs pulley" all by itself looks idiotic. Put it like this JRS /w 12(psi/lbs) pulley Another one would be "ported SC"

Making the final mod something like this: "Ported JRS /w 12 psi pulley"

Finally who the hell lists " stock si wheels" as a modification?

Go-Go Gadget rice.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Last time I checked, anything that was'nt on the car from the factory is a modification....DUMB ASS!! Or are you just mad because your mod list does'nt look like mine?
And rice! Are you serious! How about you jump off your high horse and bring your pimped out jdm tyt accord to my local track? Or do you only talk shit.....
Yea while anything that doesnt come off the factory line is technically a "modification" but come on man... really. Do you also feel the need to tell everyone you brushed your teeth every morning or combed your hair? Cause really we don't care about some BS part swapping of factory non performace items. and FFS adjust your 12 lbs pulley mod so it makes more sense. lol and thanks for fixing your buck clutch:clappy

LMAO my accord is also FAR from pimped out, I did modifications to it that stood to improve it. The exhaust was only bought to fix my deteriorated OEM setup. I ended up paying about 130 less for an ebay knock off. I'm sure it can't beat a supercharged car thats also considerably lighter.. but with a handicapped drag race which measures a drivers reaction time to the lights... I don't see anyone walking me like some chump.

So far it has ran an 8.6 @ 90mph on drag radials. As you can see by the mph, I have some traction issues(spin 1st and part of 2nd). I also have an open diff. I just bought a type R lsd transmission, traction bar, front and rear strut bars, and a rear lower tie bar. So it should hook and and handle a lot better!!
With my new parts and slicks my goal is to hit high 7's. I'll prolly up the "pills" at that point. :)
Maybe this summer I'll get a chance to take it to the drag strip in Ky and see what the olde grumpy grocery getter will get on run.

Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for that tranny?

heh don't get all bent outta shape just yet tho man I'm just fucking with you.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
They might have caught you in the 1/4 though, but congrats on slaping down a noobaru with shitty upgrades, and probably a shitty, or no tune.. I dunno but the general public just upgrades a turbocharger and doesn't do crap to the ECU for the car to really perform with it, theres no way either of those cars shold have lost to your car on a 60ft jump. Really goes to show the difference between drivers eh?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Whose oil and what weight were you running at the time? Do you also know what your oil pressure was at?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Was it Mobil? Castrol? etc?

The 0w40 is still a 40 weight oil but if the car isnt subjected to cold temps all the time you may want to go with a straight weight oil, or at least a number higher on the winter startability like 15w40. The problem with 0w40 oils is their viscosity stability over time. They need more pour point depressants to meet the 0w qualification, thus reducing the availability for other additives.

I would be willing to bet most race car teams stick with straight weight oils. I always use 10w30 not 5w30, the pour points for 10w30 are still more than enough for where I live.

Do you have an oil temp gauge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.