Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
They might have caught you in the 1/4 though, but congrats on slaping down a noobaru with shitty upgrades, and probably a shitty, or no tune.. I dunno but the general public just upgrades a turbocharger and doesn't do crap to the ECU for the car to really perform with it, theres no way either of those cars shold have lost to your car on a 60ft jump. Really goes to show the difference between drivers eh?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
How far off is my tune going to be if a slap a better header on here?
Any time you make a adjustment as big as a header its going to need to be retuned.. your moving more air.. more verlocity..

it'll be fine w/o a retune for awhile but to unlock 100% power you'll need a retune.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
silly map cars
can't wait to show you my pics..

Got everything fully apart, start assessing today..

2/3 bearings let loose, MAIN and rod bearings..

they are completely ate up.. bronze everywhere lol

my motor is clean as shit....looks like its brand new.. shame the bearings show otherwise.

cause you might ask..

too thin oil it looks like to me.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Whose oil and what weight were you running at the time? Do you also know what your oil pressure was at?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Whose oil and what weight were you running at the time? Do you also know what your oil pressure was at?
Oil psi at idle was 20, crusing for me was around 75psi vtec to 10k was 90+psi

Seems tho, 0w-40 is too thin, i went to a heavier oil to control the oil burning, which it did, problem is, its water thin and doesn't provide the added protection you need during "non" rpm times..

10w-30 is what i will be sticking with, from here on out
b series are designed, with the specs, for that motor oil only

5w-30 or 5w-20 is the newer oils because they run tighter specs..

it was my fault, for using such a thin oil, but coming as a recommendation from some of the top engine builders in the world i wouldn't have thought twice.. you live and you learn tho..

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Was it Mobil? Castrol? etc?

The 0w40 is still a 40 weight oil but if the car isnt subjected to cold temps all the time you may want to go with a straight weight oil, or at least a number higher on the winter startability like 15w40. The problem with 0w40 oils is their viscosity stability over time. They need more pour point depressants to meet the 0w qualification, thus reducing the availability for other additives.

I would be willing to bet most race car teams stick with straight weight oils. I always use 10w30 not 5w30, the pour points for 10w30 are still more than enough for where I live.

Do you have an oil temp gauge?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Was it Mobil? Castrol? etc?

The 0w40 is still a 40 weight oil but if the car isnt subjected to cold temps all the time you may want to go with a straight weight oil, or at least a number higher on the winter startability like 15w40. The problem with 0w40 oils is their viscosity stability over time. They need more pour point depressants to meet the 0w qualification, thus reducing the availability for other additives.

I would be willing to bet most race car teams stick with straight weight oils. I always use 10w30 not 5w30, the pour points for 10w30 are still more than enough for where I live.

Do you have an oil temp gauge?
Of course i do..
that wasn't the problem tho, b series engines have specs and clearences made for 10w-30.. just like k series has specs and clearences for 5w-20 or 30

look at my thread in the integra forum.. it was oil starvation, it wasn't clinging like it should..

oil temp or oil psi wasn't the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
They might have caught you in the 1/4 though, but congrats on slaping down a noobaru with shitty upgrades, and probably a shitty, or no tune.. I dunno but the general public just upgrades a turbocharger and doesn't do crap to the ECU for the car to really perform with it, theres no way either of those cars shold have lost to your car on a 60ft jump. Really goes to show the difference between drivers eh?
Hey, I cant help it that I know how to drive my car. lol
I don't think the cobra would've had me on the 60ft even with a good driver. I cut 2.0 60fts without a traction bar or lsd. I drive my car with nitto555r's daily. At the track I use BFG radials.
And Im positive neither car would run me down in the 1/4.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hey, I cant help it that I know how to drive my car. lol
I don't think the cobra would've had me on the 60ft even with a good driver. I cut 2.0 60fts without a traction bar or lsd. I drive my car with nitto555r's daily. At the track I use BFG radials.
And Im positive neither car would run me down in the 1/4.
bone stock snakes pull 1.8~1.9 60's with a trap of almost 110mph and high 12's.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Im not talking about a Terminator. An SN95 Cobra. (94-98 body style) They run 14's in the 1/4 at about 100mph
ummm there were two diff cobras that were sn95. there was the 5.0 pushrod cobra was like 240 hp and the 1996-1998 was the 4.6 300 hp car

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
While this thread is off topic; do you guys know anything about 82 Corollas? Im thinking about buying one as a DD, throwing some old school 3" lip wheels and on it and bringin it closer to the ground. I think it would look cool but I have no experience with these cars, nor do my friends. Any of you guys?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.