Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need just a tad bit of help here. I want to know which engine I have in my car. I have a '97 Accord se 4cylinder. I also would like to know what you guys think. Should I go with an h22 swap or should I just put everything I can get ahold of to make this engine faster. If not a swap then what would you recomend me doing to make the engine faster.

·
Registered
328 Posts
your engine is a f22..130 hp..139lbs tq..i would rather go wwith the h22 because the money u spend on making the f22 faster you could get a h22..have more power than a built f22 ..and still have the options of working on it..i have the same car as u and i found out that swapping a h22 into an auto is too hard and expensive due to the wiring or something..so im trading in my car for a 97 5sp ex..and then doing the swap..i have no idea why i like the accords so much..d=p

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would also recommend doing the swap. You can either spend the money on a h22 swap, or you can build the motor and add a turbo, but it would probably cost more than the h22. plus you can always do more to the h22 down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts