Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving yesterday and heard an annoying noise when i revved from idle quickly to about 2k. It sounded like a small crack in my exhaust, and i looked under my car and figured it was coming from around where the downpipe joins the catback. Well, i was driving to my friends house later that night and all of a sudden it got really loud. I looked under my car later and you can see through the whole pipe. I havent had a chance to jack it up yet and look. Im hoping its just a broken weld and not rusted or anything. Its a ractive exhaust, about 3 years old.

I have no power :noo

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how cheap? Ive been thinking about it

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im thinking about just buying an EX cat and relocating it under my car now cause ill have to do that when i put my turbo on if i want to keep it legal. So much easier to buy an EX exhaust though lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
^_^

xBenSETSfiRex said:
Im thinking about just buying an EX cat and relocating it under my car now cause ill have to do that when i put my turbo on if i want to keep it legal. So much easier to buy an EX exhaust though lol
TO: xBenSETSfiRex

That the Spirit!!! But if worst come to worst just patch it and save money for a entire new exhaust set-up!!!

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was driving around today and my car idles at like 400rpm and starts shaking and almost stalling. It sucks. Is this related to the exhaust problem? Or something else?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im just gonna get a new exhaust and convert to an EX exhaust system. More convenient for my boost plans. I like the Apexi N1 alot because of tthe angled muffler, but how is the ground clearance on a civic? I will be lowering, and are aware of the scraping.. But its such a sexy exhaust.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
VERY VERY low clearance. Mine's lowered only 1.5" and it sits 4" off the ground. I like it though just take is real slow over the speed bumps. And steep driveways you HAVE to go at the biggest angle possible but thats just mine.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
xBenSETSfiRex said:
Im just gonna get a new exhaust and convert to an EX exhaust system. More convenient for my boost plans. I like the Apexi N1 alot because of tthe angled muffler, but how is the ground clearance on a civic? I will be lowering, and are aware of the scraping.. But its such a sexy exhaust.
i think if anything is too low, u should take ur car to the shop and have them to recut ur hanger and set the hanger high by welding it again. THe shop did that for me for free so i hope u get ur free. it shouldn't cut much cuz u only want to cut ur hanger again then reweld the exhaust to set it high enough off the ground.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
yea, re mounting an n1 will not work unless you cut a chunk out of the bumper. if you want the clearance and still look good, i would say go with the apexi ws, looks clean, sounds good, and very cost efficient

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the ws too.. But the N1 is just so sexy haha.. Do you guys have some good pics? All the ones i found when i searched sucked. (except the supra)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.