Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did that subject line sound gay? Anyway, my car has hit the 10 year old line and when I hit some corners hard, the stock suspension makes some rather noticable creaking noises. My fat buddy in the car really makes it stand out. :p I don't plan to do suspension work for a while so I'm wonder if this is a major issue. Should I replace the suspension before it gives out? Is it even a major problem? Can I buy more time with a suspension lube? Is the lube a do-it-yourselfer job? I'd rather wait until I could spend the money on the suspension I want. The car, under normal driving conditions, still drives fine. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

· Registered
248 Posts
if you can't buy the suspension you want, stop hitting corners hard. and your friend, well....

· Registered
235 Posts
same problem............

Ok you have the same problems as I do! My friend is 5'10" close to 400lbs in my 93 accord this is what happened to me! My strut on my passenger side is leaking due to him also since I did not replace them as fast I could have (money being an issue) has bent my frame up a little bit and they could not align my car so I'm going to get camber kits for all fours instead of that side, passenger that is. So it's your car either the fat person gets booted or it's at your expense and trust me your friend will not want to contribute to your suspension fund. I'm sorry if I have offended some people, but if weights an issue with yourself then you might consider a truck or something because my friend plans on getting an old eclipes and his stomach and thighs rub the steering wheel. Either he does not notice it or he ignores, but it rubs and thats with the seat all the way back! Again sorry!

· Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow... and I thought my friend was fat. Yeah, I forgot to mention, he messed up my wheel allignment too. When he was in the car, the car pulled to the right... a lot. When he went into the Air Force, I got it fixed and it was fine for a year or so. The second he got back into the car, there goes my allignment again. :p

· Registered
235 Posts
i try...........

yeah, I try to make him fit in the backseat, bu the looks so uncomfortable so I don't, but man I don't have any other options because he has no car so what I'm suppose to say walk home? Anyways I'm glad I the tokicos in now since I can adjust the suspension. I will be putting on setting 5 on his side or all fours to get a stiffer ride. Don't want it to soft!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.