Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked this up in March of 06. One owner, 34 year old lady, 91K miles, bone ass stock, and got a smokin' deal. Heres what she has done so far. On the interior pics, we do have the headrests now, they were still at the shop when these pics were taken.

Let he know what you think and what you think would look good on it. She wants a Seibon OEM Cf Hood, We have a CTR spoiler for it, just cant find the spoiler light ( SI light will work too ) and a Seibon Cf Decklid. What Else would help?

·
Registered
646 Posts
There is no CTR spoiler for that car as you said :hehe but the front one is same as CTR.

Look into getting some H&R,Nuespeed,Tien..lowering springs and some sport shocks if you can. Maybe some CF mirrors too..as you can see the stock ones look gay.

It's up to the both of you, want you guys want.

new wheels :ninja

·
Registered
555 Posts
try to stay away from CF trunk lids, I have had a ebay one, seibon, and VIS ... best fitment but more of a hassle was the ebay one. They all fit really nice, but for me was ALOT of work to make it fit right, and in all 3 I had to cut holes to get shit where it needed to be.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has h&r springs with KYB gr-2 struts. It just has a stoopid ass tire size on it. 195-65-15 is what is on it, it doesnt look lowered at all. She wants some black Slipstreams 16". As for the CTR spoiler, obviously, its a fake CTR, its just one thats a bit taller than the SI OEM spoiler. I said CTR just to give out the idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
black housing headlights? black slips would look real nice. other than that exterior is pristine. now build the engine. basic bolt ons first (intake,headers, exhaust) :evil3:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snozepp147 said:
black housing headlights? black slips would look real nice. other than that exterior is pristine. now build the engine. basic bolt ons first (intake,headers, exhaust) :evil3:
Yeah, im trying to find her the " Ion Black housing lights ". The face of the light is like a purplish blue in the right light. I dont know how to explain/call them other than that. Or, im just gonna have to my real JDM ones. The reason she want a Cf trunk so bad, is that there is a dent above the left tail light thats really hard to see. We arent keeping the B16 for long. It will either go GSR, H22, or K20. Most likely K20. But thanks for the complements. On a couple of our local forums, people are hating her cuz of the interior.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
SUDUCTIV3 said:
Yeah, im trying to find her the " Ion Black housing lights ". The face of the light is like a purplish blue in the right light. I dont know how to explain/call them other than that. Or, im just gonna have to my real JDM ones. The reason she want a Cf trunk so bad, is that there is a dent above the left tail light thats really hard to see. We arent keeping the B16 for long. It will either go GSR, H22, or K20. Most likely K20. But thanks for the complements. On a couple of our local forums, people are hating her cuz of the interior.
It looks good, I like Milano Red. Are you going to try to find a GSR block or a full GSR engine with tranny?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
SUDUCTIV3 said:
GSR with LS tranny then boost it. She drives good enough, she can handle it.
The synchros aren't as good on the LS tranny, as it wasn't made to rev, so I'd stick with the B16 tranny and get a longer 5th gear. All you need is the GSR block. What are your power goals?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would just leave the interior and exterior bone stock. Then if you have the money to mod just do engine mods and some suspension mods. I love stock looking Si/SiR's......

I miss my old SI......it's already being modified on the exterior by it's new owner :( But I am happy with my new car. :w00t

·
Registered
747 Posts
SUDUCTIV3 said:
.....We arent keeping the B16 for long. It will either go GSR, H22, or K20. Most likely K20. But thanks for the complements. On a couple of our local forums, people are hating her cuz of the interior.
:number1 K20A all the way man !!!!

you should also get rid of the "ugly" stock rims. nobody likes those things, and people that say they do are liars and sinners and you shouldn't associate with them under any circumstances. now i would be glad to help you and your fiance's situation out and take those pristine, oops, i mean ugly as sin, stockers off your hands for a mutually aggreeable price. maybe you'd like some nice chrome rims? that's what all they real cool kids have....

edit: disclosure: the above statement is chocked full of sarcastic goodness which some users of internet forums may not understand. in reality isnbrg9 is currently looking for some stock EM1 rims and as part of a masterly planned stratgery, employed reverse psychology to convince this guy to sell me his stockies. and yes, i think chrome is hideous. and yes, strategery is not a real word. i'm isnbrg9 and i approved this message.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
isnbrg9 said:
:number1 K20A all the way man !!!!

you should also get rid of the "ugly" stock rims. nobody likes those things, and people that say they do are liars and sinners and you shouldn't associate with them under any circumstances. now i would be glad to help you and your fiance's situation out and take those pristine, oops, i mean ugly as sin, stockers off your hands for a mutually aggreeable price. maybe you'd like some nice chrome rims? that's what all they real cool kids have....
Chrome looks ugly on a small car and the stock wheels are fine for now. Gold, gunmetal, or bronze would look good on a red car.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
isnbrg9 said:
Almost everybody in this forum would agree with me. Don't try to be a dubber on a Civic when you only have a few inches of wheel well to do it. You will always look like the little guy when some black dude in a 300C with 22" wheels and badging rolls up. Rather, some lightweight 15 or 16 inch colored wheels will offer better looks and better performance on a small car.

·
Registered
555 Posts
SUDUCTIV3 said:
GSR with LS tranny then boost it. She drives good enough, she can handle it.
stick with your b16 tranny, and get a ls block.

I have a ls/vtec turbo with b16 tranny, and it is fun as fuck man, do that and you will have tons of fun. Im just using stock b16head with gsr cams to man ! :number1

·
Registered
747 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Almost everybody in this forum would agree with me. Don't try to be a dubber on a Civic when you only have a few inches of wheel well to do it. You will always look like the little guy when some black dude in a 300C with 22" wheels and badging rolls up. Rather, some lightweight 15 or 16 inch colored wheels will offer better looks and better performance on a small car.
please read disclosure from original post.

i didn't think anyone would honestly take me serious when i suggested chrome rims on a Si.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol! you guys are something else. I will be selling the hideous and most sought after Si wheels when we find her black slipstreams. 15's or 16". I found some pics of a MRP Si with a CF hood and bronze circut 8's and she didn't like the color contrast of the wheels and the hood. So she decided black would look better. The car will not be built to full out race, but a show and go car. Horsepower goals are good and all, but She don't care. I'm building the car. I really would like to see her hit 400 at the wheels with K20 or GSR. I couldn't let he leave that gray cloth interior that it came with. It looked like shit IMO. Thank you guys for all the ideas and good jokes and miscellaneous disclosure ( sp? ) notices. Brightened my bad day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.