Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really excited. march 10 we are going to go to portland international raceway for our first autocross event. i was wondering if anyone has any first timer tips. especially what tire pressure should i run on 205/40/16 tires? they are proxes fz4, so they are probably going to suck ass, anyway. thanks for any help. anyother helpful tips would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
CiViC2000 said:
im really excited. march 10 we are going to go to portland international raceway for our first autocross event. i was wondering if anyone has any first timer tips. especially what tire pressure should i run on 205/40/16 tires? they are proxes fz4, so they are probably going to suck ass, anyway. thanks for any help. anyother helpful tips would be great. thanks.
Yup, they suck. I ran on them for my first 3 or 4 races. Anyway, start with like 42 up front, and 35 in the back.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks for the links. i already got the one from the tirerack, and it was really good, but thanks for the other one, too. im really not looking forward to using the fz4s, im scared that they will make me do really bad, but thanks for ideas on tire pressure.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, what about my suspension setup? im pretty sure what i have now, shouldnt do too bad, neuspeed race springs and bilstein shocks. its pretty stiff setup. would that be a good setup if i had some better tires?

·
Registered
484 Posts
CiViC2000 said:
anyother helpful tips would be great. thanks.
Bring a folding chair, plenty to drink, sunblock if it's sunny outside (more for later events), an air tank(or one of those compressors that plug into the cig lighter) and tire gauge...that's all I can think of. Have fun on the 10th. I'll be doing the same thing on the other side of the country. Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Re: my first auto-x coming up soon. tips??

Poboy said:

Bring a folding chair, plenty to drink, sunblock if it's sunny outside (more for later events), an air tank(or one of those compressors that plug into the cig lighter) and tire gauge...that's all I can think of. Have fun on the 10th. I'll be doing the same thing on the other side of the country. Good luck
Hey,

I did get into the autox school and the event set for that sunday. I will be driving the white civic (obviously). See you there.

drive safe,

aj :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: my first auto-x coming up soon. tips??

ajn said:

Hey,

I did get into the autox school and the event set for that sunday. I will be driving the white civic (obviously). See you there.

drive safe,

aj :)
Cool. The only thing that sucks is we have to be there at 7:45 Saturday for the school. That's gonna hurt. I have a crystal blue metallic (silvery blue/bluish silver) prelude and my brother Bampf will be there too. He has a black GSR, Bampf on the plates. Stop by if you spot us first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
well your going to run in Novice class but in time your going to be bumped into SM or a Prepared class due to that one single AEM cam gear, which keeps you out of STS where you should be.

Yeah folding camp chair, small beach umbrella, cooler with food and drink, window writing chalk (from Wal Mart), extra jacket if it gets cold, thin soled shoes for driving, empty your trunk (subs too) and back seat before you go, tighten down your battery and anything else loose in your engine bay, bring some glass cleaner and paper towels, pen and paper to log your tire PSIs per run, a good tire gauge.

You'll learn more once you get there and be open and friendly. Auto-Xers are nice and want to learn and ask!!! :D

p.s. don't hit the cones either. ;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone, but whats this about this autocross school? thats not something you HAVE to go to is it? i was under the impression you didn have to. oh and i thought you automatically went into the prepped class if you have suspension mods, intake or anything like that. thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
CiViC2000 said:
thanks everyone, but whats this about this autocross school? thats not something you HAVE to go to is it? i was under the impression you didn have to. oh and i thought you automatically went into the prepped class if you have suspension mods, intake or anything like that. thanks again everyone.
Sorry, we were talking about a school here in the DC area we registered for. You don't need to go to any school. You can just come and run. It would be a good idea to get an experienced driver to ride with you the first time so you get some pointers, but you don't have to.
Generally, classing is done on the honor system. You tell them your class. People only really check if you kick everyone's a** when you're not supposed to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.