Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I had so much fun!!! I don't know why I haven't been doing this for years. My times went as follows
1st: 55.342
2nd: 52.467
3rd: 50.656
4th: 51.053
I figure those aren't too bad fo a first timer when the best in my class was a 46.xxx. My car is a 94 DX(102 crank hp) with Koni Yellows, Neuspeed Sports, 205-50-15 Azenis on GSR's, and a Apexi WS exhaust. The best time came from and ITR with full bolt on's and H&R sports. Here are my pics

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Cool!

Some nice action shots you got there . . . damn, I wish I could race on the beach like that :D

Obviously you had some good improvement as you gained experience. The more seat time you get, the more fun you'll have. :) BTW, how do you like the Apexi WS exhaust? I was considering that one but everyone complains that it hangs too low and scrapes the road sometimes on a lowered car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I could have done better if I had gone with higher tire pressures in the front and stiffend the yellows all around. I was really afraid to mess with anything cause I just wanted go through the course with no mistakes. Next time I'll try pressure and see what happens. I have no swaybars, so I'm open for recommendations. I'm thinking about picking up some off an SI or a teg. I'm offically hooked.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Cool!

Targa250R said:
Some nice action shots you got there . . . damn, I wish I could race on the beach like that :D

Obviously you had some good improvement as you gained experience. The more seat time you get, the more fun you'll have. :) BTW, how do you like the Apexi WS exhaust? I was considering that one but everyone complains that it hangs too low and scrapes the road sometimes on a lowered car.
The event was at Little Creek Amphib. base in Virginia Beach. The course is actually on a hovercraft lauch pad that goes straight into the Chesapeake Bay. Very nice views, but very scary going straight at the sand at 50 counting on your brakes to be there. I love the WS exhaust. It's not loud on the highway but tells you it's there at WOT. I really bought it cause it's not too gaudy and it was very affordable. I haven't scraped anything in the month I've had it on, but I'm not really that low.

·
Registered
194 Posts
very cool man:cool: definately get the sway bars with urethane bushings, front and rear. stiffen out the struts and keep pressure around 30 psi if possible and you will have a kick ass time!!!

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Welcome,,,

Now preregister and prepay a full next season and THEN give US all of the extra money you think you'd have spent on mods this new year...

It's an addiction and if someone doesn't step in know, then just who knows where he could be in a few months,,, in the gutter penniless with this strange desire to drive really really fast in a sea of cones...

A.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
00R101 said:
Where was that site? Looks nice.
The event was at Little Creek Amphib. base in Virginia Beach. The course is actually on a hovercraft lauch pad that goes straight into the Chesapeake Bay. Very nice views, but very scary going straight at the sand at 50 counting on your brakes to be there. I love the WS exhaust. It's not loud on the highway but tells you it's there at WOT. I really bought it cause it's not too gaudy and it was very affordable. I haven't scraped anything in the month I've had it on, but I'm not really that low.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
can u autox for fun at an event or do u hav to sign up for all the races or watever? how much is the fee usually?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
azian21485 said:
can u autox for fun at an event or do u hav to sign up for all the races or watever? how much is the fee usually?
We all do this for fun... The competition part comes a little later when you get used to driving the events and you get a little better.

You can sign up for one day, and drive/work that one day.

It is frowned upon when you show up and race one or two laps and then you dissappear before doing your sidework...

$20. to $30. is an average amount for one day of fun...

Good luck,

A.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
kool thanx...wats sidework mean? is it like helping out picking up knocked down cones and stuff?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
azian21485 said:
is it like helping out picking up knocked down cones and stuff?
Yup and or what ever other job they assign, could be flagger, cone getter, radio man, or some other jobs as well, all depends on the club and how they run it.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
oEcKo_UnLtDo said:
u knocked down so many cones!
They are pointer cones.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
1Greyteg said:
It is frowned upon when you show up and race one or two laps and then you dissappear before doing your sidework...
Yeah we hate that especially towards the end of the day and we don't have enough people to work the course. We usually throw away people's times if they do not show up to work. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts