Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it today. 2001 Accord V6 coupe, black. I'm frickin excited. :clap Now my plans for it are 18 or 19 inch chrome, lower it a bit, tint, headlights then if i have any cashs left a sound system. But i also want to have the loudest/best sounding car on the block. My buddy has a 02 mustang Gt, its totally stock but its sound brings a tear to my eye. BEAUTIFULL! Is it possible to get my v6 so sound anywhere close to it? Thanks guys :arr

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
in no way shape or form will your exhaust sound like that.... and be prepared to be flamed for the chrome wheels comment. But congrats on the first car.... get an alarm before ANYTHING.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Curb Assault 1 said:
Just got it today. 2001 Accord V6 coupe, black. I'm frickin excited. :clap Now my plans for it are 18 or 19 inch chrome, lower it a bit, tint, headlights then if i have any cashs left a sound system. But i also want to have the loudest/best sounding car on the block. My buddy has a 02 mustang Gt, its totally stock but its sound brings a tear to my eye. BEAUTIFULL! Is it possible to get my v6 so sound anywhere close to it? Thanks guys :arr
Welcome to the Accord family :). That's what I say when my friends get their cars... That's all they get anyway, all Accords :p.

·
Registered
268 Posts
CFactor said:
in no way shape or form will your exhaust sound like that.... and be prepared to be flamed for the chrome wheels comment. But congrats on the first car.... get an alarm before ANYTHING.
Nothing wrong with chrome rims. A black accord coupe would actually look good with chrome rims. Although I think that black rims with a nice chrome lip would look better on a black car.

Welcome to SHO Curb Assault 1.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Leave your exhuast nice and QUIET. It's a Honda V6. It WILL NOT sound like a V8. EVER. Not even close. Enjoy it for what it is (i.e. better looking, more efficient, more comfortable, and more reliable than an '02 Mustang). Just like you can't make your car sound that good, he can't make his car not be built on a platform from 1978. ;)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
mad-ass said:
i seriously think he was reffering to the sub-woofer sound system. not the exhaust note?
Surely not... the Mustang's sound system is crap.
The exhaust is MUCH easier on the ears.

·
Registered
247 Posts
welcome to the forums... on the rims u mite want to look up one of my older threads, because i said i wanted 19/20's.. and well lots of comments on there, some useful, some not :D exhuast wise u will never sound like a stang, sound system wise, if u want subs that will not allow u to breath in ur car, well get 2 alphine type X's 10 or 12", give them each an amp around 700 watts RMS or more, 1 capacitor and throw a couple girls in the back seat, and watch them "get off" on the vibrations :D :wow :lol2

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats. . .wheels are a nice start. . .but chrome is a lil flashy for my taste. .. i know b/c i like to rock the steelies when i don't have my wheelz on. Systems are a never ending money pit if you don't do it right @ first . .so get the good shit and don't get cheap quick sound. . b/c it will either fall apart or will just flat out sound crappy. Do some research and listen to what you buy before u get it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
congrats on the car, my friend just got one a few weeks ago. tint the windows, get some 18s, do some minor performance bolt ons and maybe sound stuff and call it a day. i have a kn short ram intake and a magnaflow exhaust. when i changed it from a cold air intake to a short ram and took the drycharger off i got comments from 3 different (1 that has a 06 gt) saying that my car sounds like a mustang gt. i dont know if its that much like one but it definatly sounds good. drop 500 on exhaust, 200 on intake, 1500-2000 on rims, 150 on tint, and 800 to lower it and your done. mugen lip too if you want, i love mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.