Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a honda but it is most definitely a hybrid.

if anyone can guess what it is before I give it away...I'll give em a virtual cookie haha. been a project of mine for the past few months.

should be interesting once done, mainly because once it IS done it'll be literally one of about 9 or so that are running in the world.

I'm just happy I finally figured out the tensioning setup to run on it and did the machine work myself and it actually worked that I figured I'd post a pic haha.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
that's true, those big cam gears look like a 4G63. I change my guess to 4G63, but I still don't know what 's frankensteined on it.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mitsu?? for shame!

4g63 gears come within millimeters of each other....

look how far these are spread apart guys.

I thought the dizzy would have tipped someone off.

oh well, I guess I can wait a bit more. oh to help out, the head assembly is from one brand and the lower half is from another brand. :wow

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's a volvo B234F/ford 2.3turbo hybrid.

basically converting a ford 2.3 over to a 16v engine from an 8v engine and more than doubling the airflow.

I wanted to wait until my rods/pistons came in before I gave it away.

about the worst part of this swap is the cost of parts compared to a similar honda engine haha. damn pistons are custom made and the only stock length rods you can get are from crower and they aint cheap!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts