Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend..this one dude in the block just bought a 2003 Corolla S. 5speed with TRD boby kit....and one of friends wana race him...
My friend has a 95 civic ex 5speed v-tec with intake, Exhuast, header...and some basic stuff...

1st...the corolla had little wheel spin but they were even
2nd...the corolla got 1/2 car ahead
end of third gear...the corolla got almost 2 car length

and the civic gave up.....

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
maybe your friend didn't know how to drive, but I think that the civic's times are like some where around 9 secs anyways...maybe the corrolla is faster, I don't know much about corrollas though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i raced my 98 Si (EX in the US) against my buddys 2001 corolla down this deserted street we always go to. the only mod i had was integra exhaust. i didnt beat him by very much but we didnt reace very far though. he told me his was stock 125 hp (mine 127 stock + exhaust) the new carollas have 130 hp though

heres the specs on it
All-aluminum 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve
VVT-i 4-cylinder
130 hp @ 6,000 rpm
125 lb.-ft. @ 4,200 rpm

·
Registered
396 Posts
It should of been a close race..
Corolla Specs:
Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters
Horsepower: 130 hp
Torque: 125 ft-lbs.
Weight: 2524 lbs.

Civic Specs:
Base Engine Size: 1.6 liters
Horsepower: 127 hp
Torque: 107 ft-lbs.
Weight: 2504 lbs.

The corolla should get a jump off the line.. Due to the extra torque. And is gonna win..

The civic shouldnt of been far behind.. IF the foo could drive his car..

Maybe nos on the corolla if it was a real ass whooping.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the same thing happened to my freind. he had a 7th gen civic with intake and exhaust. my other freind with the corolla 02 was stock. the corolla was winning in first, second and beginning of third gear. but by the time 4 gear was coming up, the race was over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
torque on the corolla owned the civic...

with better driving civic should do better.

·
Registered
582 Posts
SoupaFly69 said:
ive read a magazine (forgot what magazine it was), anywayz it was featurin a TRD corolla w/ basic mods (intake, header, exhaust) running mid 14...comparin to a civic ex? pss...no doubt

unlikely...maybe a mid 15 if it's lucky. A mid 14 is faster than a ITR

·
Registered
224 Posts
Jkan2001 said:
unlikely...maybe a mid 15 if it's lucky. A mid 14 is faster than a ITR
yeah i was goina say this too....the corolla maybe 1.8 L but its still wont be able to do those times.....even the celica cant get that time with the basic mod!!!

hey do u guys kno that there will be a special version of the corolla with the 140kw 1.8L engine from the celica coming out later!!! now that will be mad!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Vti-R said:
yeah i was goina say this too....the corolla maybe 1.8 L but its still wont be able to do those times.....even the celica cant get that time with the basic mod!!!

hey do u guys kno that there will be a special version of the corolla with the 140kw 1.8L engine from the celica coming out later!!! now that will be mad!!!!:cool:

140kw ? how much HP?
;\

·
Registered
224 Posts
140kw = 188-190 hp i think i dont have my conversion calculator...argh!!!! its the same engine as the celica, so should be hte same hp.....yeah in Australia we use kw instead of hp.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
atleast he didn't get spanked by a jeep grand cherokee like it did once, now thats embarrasing!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.