Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

My friends NSX.

21K views 67 replies 33 participants last post by  DuderMagee 
#1 ·
He got it for $8,000 from a police auction. He just ordered a widebody kit and some rims for it.

See less See more
#4 ·
dam yo, nice ass find. gl to your friend with his porjects. plz post pics up as soon as you can ;)

#5 ·
Honestly insurance prices isnt much to because he just got a brand new Yamaha R6 too. I think his dad pays for a lot of the stuff, because his brother just turned 16 and got a built mustang. He should have gotten the widebody kit by now, but not on. And the rims should be ordered soon.

#6 ·
HAHAHAHA I cant believe you know zach too, hes my best friend from high school. Actaully he didnt get the car from a police auction I really dont know why everyone in Columbus thinks that. All it takes is one person to start a rumor and it spreads over a damn city. He found it at an impound lot and it had no wheels and didnt even know if it ran. So he got the title from the owner of the lot, went and got a key made for 250 bucks and tried it out. It ran so he bought it for more like 8900. He does have the sorcery wide body kit now. Just got His SSR professors this week too. 19x9.5 in the back, 18x8 in the front. Pics look soooooo sooooo sick. Should be getting it all painted and fitted up in the next month or so. ALSO his dad doesnt pay for anything(you really shouldnt say stuff about money when you dont know), he works two jobs, and happens to be a genius with numbers and financing. Who are you by the way? Im Grant, I have the champ white 4th gen prelude. I used to live in Columbus, but I moved down to Florida a few months ago.

#9 ·
vtec...HAHA said:
HAHAHAHA I cant believe you know zach too, hes my best friend from high school. Actaully he didnt get the car from a police auction I really dont know why everyone in Columbus thinks that. All it takes is one person to start a rumor and it spreads over a damn city. He found it at an impound lot and it had no wheels and didnt even know if it ran. So he got the title from the owner of the lot, went and got a key made for 250 bucks and tried it out. It ran so he bought it for more like 8900. He does have the sorcery wide body kit now. Just got His SSR professors this week too. 19x9.5 in the back, 18x8 in the front. Pics look soooooo sooooo sick. Should be getting it all painted and fitted up in the next month or so. ALSO his dad doesnt pay for anything(you really shouldnt say stuff about money when you dont know), he works two jobs, and happens to be a genius with numbers and financing. Who are you by the way? Im Grant, I have the champ white 4th gen prelude. I used to live in Columbus, but I moved down to Florida a few months ago.
Hey Grant, this is Kevin, you may not remember me. I have the red hatchback and I used to hang out with Fil, Joe, Dan, etc. Yea, I should get the facts first before I say shit. I can't wait to see the car when it's finished. I feel like an ass for saying that his dad pays for the stuff. Do you still have the prelude? God, I loved that thing.

#10 ·
Oh shit man whats up. Its all good, I wasnt trying to be a dick or ne thing, just saying that he doesnt get moeny from his dad. Yea that NSX is gonna be insane, hes planning on turboing it over the winter prolly. Yea still got the lude, I need to get the front bumper repainted for HIN in dec(scratched it on a cement poll). I got a buncha new plans for it. Prolly gonna have to take out a loan. Buts its gonna be sweet. Hows the civic doing?

#11 ·
The civic's doing pretty bad right now, the head went to shit, so we bought another z6 and found how their was something wrong with the crank. But were getting that fixed. The original motor lasted a long time though, roughly around 270,000 miles. After we get that motor in my dad gonna fix some of the things that are wrong with the car and return it to stock and sell it. I'm getting a new hatch. It's the same style but just charcoal and a dx instead of an si, but it will be lighter. I have a built d16y8 that is going to go in it. But it should be fun even for a d-series.

#15 ·
damn.....good deal!!!

Tear the interior out, nice track coupe!!

#18 ·
Sweet, the stealth black look (matted) with the black rims. And look at the rims again, OMG, they have a lip! Its great to find someone who doesn't put on postive offset rims on a NSX. Kick ass.

#20 ·
...Jeez... that thing just looks MEAN...

...I like it. :D

#21 ·
NissanSkyline said:
What it looks like now:
Wow that thing sure has came along way, looks great mad props to your friend, and on the amazing deal.....

#25 ·
Yea ive seen this on the prime site, were our nsx community posts. And i its hard to believe he payed 8k or even 9 k for thats car. if he was smart he'd slap that one on ebay and sell it for 40k and get himself a newer one.

Btw insurence isnt to much i pay 1,200 per year for full coverage on my 92.

#26 ·
95eclipsers said:
Yea ive seen this on the prime site, were our nsx community posts. And i its hard to believe he payed 8k or even 9 k for thats car. if he was smart he'd slap that one on ebay and sell it for 40k and get himself a newer one.

Btw insurence isnt to much i pay 1,200 per year for full coverage on my 92.
Grave digger.. :bash ....HEs smarter to keep the older one..Insurance is cheaper on the older.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.