Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im working on my gsr turbo build. I have all supertech valvetrain, skunk2 pro cam gear, an edelbrock fuel rail and an edelbrock victor x intake manifold. I want to go high boost on this motor. Is a 68mm throttle body big enough to support 600hp or do I need to go bigger. And also is 2.5in intercooler piping big enough or do I need 3 inch? thanks guys, steve

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
If you wanted you could go bigger with the TB but as for the intercooler im not sure

·
Registered
57 Posts
mmmmmmmm 600 whp.... so your boosting around what??? 30 psi??? what compression ratio? can you elaborate fully built block? some ppl add h beam and pistons to call it fully built... is it gonna be 600 daily driven? cuzz 600 on a honda is like 1500 for a supra... i'm not knocking you down... man i wanna see it if anything. are you going low compression big boost.. or high compression low/high boost??? all of this is consider in the pipping.. for 600 i hope you have an after market manifold to bolt a massive tb on.

anyways 2.5" piping should be more then good enough.... is this a drag car??? cuzz if it's a drag car forget the intercooler. the race would be over before the heat could be a factor.i got some many questions. sorry. how will you deal with traction. maybe i'm just not to familiar with your car yet.. a link to your ride's profile would probably satisfy my curiosity how big's the turbo? what kind of turbo is it?

if you go bigger you risk boost lag if you dont have the power to back it up. so what kind of turbo are you using? how big. if your doing high compression big boost.. with a y2k turbo... man......you'll need 300 hp just to spool that. hahaha. and if you do have 300 then... 2 3/4 piping with a massive down pipe... .. cant give advice sorry to many X's in this equation.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
1) whats "built" mean

2) 68mm is enough

3) you want everything to "start" at 3'' to make any type of power.. you dont want restrictions.. start 3'' you might need to go 4..

4) your going to need alot more to make 600whp.. and why 600? 300 whp is enough for low 12's / z06 killer which is pretty much all u need to be.. 600whp on the street is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok heres the motor build

Darton 84mm wet sleeve kit
Cp 9.0 comp pistons
Manley turbo tuff i beam rods
GE oil squirter plugs
Type r oil pump
Type r water pump
Acl bearings
Supertech complete valve train
Edelbrock victor x manifold
Blox 76mm throttle body
Edelbrock fuel rail
Arp head and main studs
stock gsr crank
Borg s372 turbo

·
Registered
234 Posts
you want 600whp but you got a BW s372??? a turbo capable of 900+whp.

id highly suggest rethinking your turbo setup, if you are using the s372 then go with the 3" charge piping, i beleive the outlet is 3". if you step down to something more realistic for 600whp like a gt35r then 2.5" charge piping will be more than enough to get the job done.

did you get the block align honed after the arp main studs were installed, its required.

is this a street car or drag car? we build a lot of street cars with 500-600whp im sure i could give you some suggestions.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
I have never dealt with or driven a 600hp turbo honda, but I can tell you that it takes big balls and a very deep wallet to reliably make that power. Mike above will be a big help to you, read and reread what he says

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
600whp on the streets is stupid.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its gonna be a weekend/ drag car. Im not gonna drive the car everyday. Money is not the option. Im building the motor right the first time. The head is finally done. I have $2000 in parts in just the head not including machining labor. Thats another $500.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
600whp on the streets is stupid.
if he goes with that big ass turbo you say is capable of 900, i bet it would be very streetable under 3k rpms.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Its gonna be a weekend/ drag car. Im not gonna drive the car everyday. Money is not the option. Im building the motor right the first time. The head is finally done. I have $2000 in parts in just the head not including machining labor. Thats another $500.
he's saying it's a race car at that point. it doesn't belong on the streets at all after that point. you'll need slicks and an expensive ass suspension to even put any of the power down

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not that much power. I have a buddy running local with 580whp on drag radials. He drives the car three times a week. The car is on dropzone lowering springs and runs a 10.3 quarter mile.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Its not that much power. I have a buddy running local with 580whp on drag radials. He drives the car three times a week. The car is on dropzone lowering springs and runs a 10.3 quarter mile.
yeah ok on what car. and you aren't supposed to run drag radials on the street. and i doubt the car turns very well and it's powerband is pathetic for the street. that's what we mean by streetable. it would prolly lose to a 250whp n/a honda on the street.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it doesnt matter. The point is the car is still street driven. I dont street race so I dont care if I lose to a 250hp car. I go to the track.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
it doesnt matter. The point is the car is still street driven. I dont street race so I dont care if I lose to a 250hp car. I go to the track.
what doesn't matter? street driven doesn't mean streetable. and if you don't race why do you need a 600whp fwd street honda? the suspension needed to put the power down and the tires needed make it unsafe for the street. what car is 580whp that your friend is street driving. a 580 rwhp sports car is different than a 600whp honda

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hes got a 580fwhp eg hatch. Im sayin the car is being built for the track but i would like to drive the car on the street every so often. Im not gonna race the ca on the street, just drive it occasionally.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
hes got a 580fwhp eg hatch. Im sayin the car is being built for the track but i would like to drive the car on the street every so often. Im not gonna race the ca on the street, just drive it occasionally.
haha you're nuts. you'll go into the grocery store and that shit will be gone faster than vanilla ice's career. to each his own i guess. i would never find any fun in a 600fwd car .

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the tune setup is for street and race. the race tune will put down high hp but the street tune will be around 380hp. Im not gonna drive a 600hp tune on the street. That would be crazy, 380hp on a good set of tires will be plenty

1 - 20 of 57 Posts