Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My H22T/nos fed Thread. Got questions..UPDATED

I figured I would just create one thread for this. This is the plan for the bottom end

h22a4 sleeved with GE
aries 10.1 pistons?
Eagle H beams
Honda bearing?

everything at the bottom is going to be balanced.

One of my questions is that I dont see 10.1 aries pistons for the h22 on there site? id go lower but im trying to cut down on boostlag. an from what ive been reading i can boost on 10.1. I guess people have been doing this with out any problems. :crook: I wanted to go with aries because ive heard nothing but good things. I used JE on my all motor car they were fine. any surgestions.

2nd question. bearings!!! Ive been a Honda bearing guy for a while. im planning on usen then but then again ive never built a Turbo car...tubo nitrous car for that. so I was wondering what you guys recommend an any insights on my build.

*Ill be running a fuel cell setup for the nitrous/fuel seliniod* an only a 75shot

last question is oil pump an water pump. im thinking stock water pump with a endyn oil pump. im not sure if i wanna lay down the cheese for that pump or not?

Current Motor Mods:

UR underdrive pullie,wet Zex direct port nitrous,Duel Purge Kit,B&M FPR, B&M fuel gauge, walbro 255lph FP, Oil catch can,Exedy Clutch, Duel purge kit. short ram intake(Fram), STR fuel rail

·
Registered
349 Posts
You do realize that is a stock compression...

If you do NOT plan on sleeving, I wouldn't even bother. Since you are going to re-build, I would go with a 9.0-9.5:1, you will be much happier with the lack of detonation. Yes you can run a turbo on a stock motor, and also you can run nitrous. I have never seen a stable(*note=STABLE) install with both, or with boost of more than 7-8 lbs. You are truly going to waste you money to install a stock compression piston, and not sleeve. I am running low compression wisco's on Darton sleeves, so far no issues (18 lbs racing/12 lbs street) knock on wood. Good Luck, do a search, lotsa stuff on this in here...

edit: sorry, saw you have sleeves on there, I would still recommend a slightly lower CR.

·
Registered
22 Posts
CP pistons are perfect for what you're doing. Calvin (the C in CP) was oneof the originators of JE and he spun of an his own. Quality pistons and they're what I'm running in my built block. I went with 9:1 because it's a bit more forgiving with boost. The higher the compression the more dialed in your tune better be or ... boom.

As for bearing you have two choices:

1) ACL bearings. Good but they don't come in the sizes that honda OEM come in. Don't get the race versions. They are not meant for DD.

2) Honda OEM....you're best bet. The work in all applications.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheRedPill said:
If you do NOT plan on sleeving, I wouldn't even bother. Since you are going to re-build, I would go with a 9.0-9.5:1, you will be much happier with the lack of detonation. Yes you can run a turbo on a stock motor, and also you can run nitrous. I have never seen a stable(*note=STABLE) install with both, or with boost of more than 7-8 lbs. You are truly going to waste you money to install a stock compression piston, and not sleeve. I am running low compression wisco's on Darton sleeves, so far no issues (18 lbs racing/12 lbs street) knock on wood. Good Luck, do a search, lotsa stuff on this in here...

edit: sorry, saw you have sleeves on there, I would still recommend a slightly lower CR.
hehe..i was gunna say. boost an nitrous on a non-sleeved block. thats risky. i seen aries makes a 9.2 piston. i forget exactly what they were for. i think it was boost applications. wisco pistons? any good?
what you maken for power-high an low?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
getbig said:
CP pistons are perfect for what you're doing. Calvin (the C in CP) was oneof the originators of JE and he spun of an his own. Quality pistons and they're what I'm running in my built block. I went with 9:1 because it's a bit more forgiving with boost. The higher the compression the more dialed in your tune better be or ... boom.

As for bearing you have two choices:

1) ACL bearings. Good but they don't come in the sizes that honda OEM come in. Don't get the race versions. They are not meant for DD.

2) Honda OEM....you're best bet. The work in all applications.
okay okay..good info in that post. so CP is top of the line then? what u pay for yours? im thinking 9.2.1 should be nice spot for this. i was thinking honda also when it comes to bearings. i take u just kept the stock tq requirements for them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
1) OBD2 injectors are saturated...with those 1000cc RC's you'll need the resistor pac you sold me...lol...the highest cc injectors you can get saturated are the 750cc RC's

2) I think I paid $450 for my pistons and rings. If you end up getting 87mm CP's then I have a set of 87mm rings you can have for the cost of shipping (should be like $5). Mine block is 87.5mm and they sent me the wrong rings the first time. The reason I went with CP is because they're very, very customisable, reasonably priced, and the guys behind the name have a fantastic reputation.

3) As for oil pump and water pump the OEM ones work fine. There are guys running huge HP on OEM pumps. I like to follow the advice of guys with experience and my builder (15 yrs exp.) recommended staying with the OEM pumps.

4) As for torque on the bearings...I have no clue.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
getbig said:
1) OBD2 injectors are saturated...with those 1000cc RC's you'll need the resistor pac you sold me...lol...the highest cc injectors you can get saturated are the 750cc RC's

2) I think I paid $450 for my pistons and rings. If you end up getting 87mm CP's then I have a set of 87mm rings you can have for the cost of shipping (should be like $5). Mine block is 87.5mm and they sent me the wrong rings the first time. The reason I went with CP is because they're very, very customisable, reasonably priced, and the guys behind the name have a fantastic reputation.

3) As for oil pump and water pump the OEM ones work fine. There are guys running huge HP on OEM pumps. I like to follow the advice of guys with experience and my builder (15 yrs exp.) recommended staying with the OEM pumps.

4) As for torque on the bearings...I have no clue.
dohhh :bash well im glad u where able to use the box. hehe.

youll send me the rings for $5 bux. :) nice. ill take em. im not home right now. i should be back either weds or thurs.

87mm is stock bore, correct? im pretty sure it is.

wow. $450 for pistons an rings. thats awsome. i looked on ebay an there almost $560. where did u get yours. maybe you could hook me up. :)

ok, ill stick with the OE pumps. :aww

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im getting some good info tonite. awsome!!! :hug

need some clutch help. ive recently just got a excedy clutch. it wont hold the power im going to be maken. i was lookin at ACT on there site. they go from 216lbs tq capsity to 420 or so. an the price jumps big time. i think i should be around the 350-400 mark.

You guys know of a decent clutch. trying to get the whole deall for about 450-500 max.

searching for injectors now. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got mine from these guys:

http://www.hybrid-performance.com

They have a sale on right now:

ALL PISTON SET COMES WITH RINGS, WRIST PINS PLEASE PM OR CALL FOR PRICING! (excluding Canada, International)

CP Piston kit with Eagle H-Beam Rods $770.00 SHIPPED PRIORITY! (excluding Canada, International)

ADD ACL STANDARD BEARING TO YOUR BUILD!!! $835.00 SHIPPED FOR CP PISTONS, EAGLE RODS, ACL COMPLETE SET OF BEARINGS!

PRICE MATCHING AVAILABLE!

Honda SC7030 H22A1 3.425" / 87.0mm STD 1.220 9.0
Honda SC7130 H22A1 3.425" / 87.0mm STD 1.220 10.0
Honda SC7131 H22A1 3.425" / 87.0mm STD 1.220 11.5

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
getbig said:

ALL PISTON SET COMES WITH RINGS, WRIST PINS PLEASE PM OR CALL FOR PRICING! (excluding Canada, International)

CP Piston kit with Eagle H-Beam Rods $770.00 SHIPPED PRIORITY! (excluding Canada, International)

ADD ACL STANDARD BEARING TO YOUR BUILD!!! $835.00 SHIPPED FOR CP PISTONS, EAGLE RODS, ACL COMPLETE SET OF BEARINGS!

:number1

oh man..uve been a huge help. thanks. i repped u by the way :lmao

oh yeah..u didnt tell me what your putting down for numbers. what did the bottom end cost u in final?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
getbig said:

where did u find this? i cant find it on the site above

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.