Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, well, not the one on my shoulder's, but I have oil leaking through my head :mad After everything i've done to fix this car, more problems! lol, but in all honesty, I am just happy I figuredo ut the problem. Because I had a full oil change, and 2 weeks oil, I was dry in oil..Couldnt find a leak in the pan..so my girls stepdad looked at it, he's telling me I need a new head..So now this weekend as long as honda he works at lets him, I will have a 9x,xxx mile d16z6 in my sol..same engine as before, but alot less miles (40-50K). Thank god..I hope its done before i go to OC..13 days at hteb eahc wit hout my sol would suck..

On a better hand, bought some kick panels at the Carlisle Show yesterday..for a sol/civic..anyone in need of any?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I will be there from May 19th-May 30th. I'm staying at Point on the Bay 19th-26th, and Paradise Plaza 26th-30th. Stop by!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its Leaking in the right corner. It was a honda technician who looked at it (oh the perks of having my girlfriend..her stepdad is a honda tech lol) anyways he said my head is basically fucked, and also my pistons are showing terrible wear. oh well..hes doing the swap for free i guess.

but, my alternator took a shit on me last night..im guessing..battery light had been on for like 5 hours (i deliver pizzas) and i didnt htink anything of it until it was 5 minutes left before i got ot leave and i took a delivery, and turned onto a road and my gauges shut off, and my car stopped like 50 yards later..wouldnt turn on..so i left and came back 15 minutes later, and it turned on..luckily i made it the 2 miles to my moms house before it shut off again...

anyone who has read all my posts knows this del sol has just been a pain in my ass compared to my other 3 civics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
KrayzieKidDX said:
Its Leaking in the right corner. It was a honda technician who looked at it (oh the perks of having my girlfriend..her stepdad is a honda tech lol) anyways he said my head is basically fucked, and also my pistons are showing terrible wear. oh well..hes doing the swap for free i guess.

but, my alternator took a shit on me last night..im guessing..battery light had been on for like 5 hours (i deliver pizzas) and i didnt htink anything of it until it was 5 minutes left before i got ot leave and i took a delivery, and turned onto a road and my gauges shut off, and my car stopped like 50 yards later..wouldnt turn on..so i left and came back 15 minutes later, and it turned on..luckily i made it the 2 miles to my moms house before it shut off again...

anyone who has read all my posts knows this del sol has just been a pain in my ass compared to my other 3 civics.
thats for sure dude...sorry about that, just a bad egg. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I am gonna try and sell it eithe rbefore or after i fix it..for around the 3000 range..little less, little more, depending on how much work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
Take some pictures or explain exactly where the head is leaking. I would really like to see pictures of the wrecked head and worn pistons. I've never heard of that happening, although you did run the car without oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been running it with low oil, not no oil, and only until I can get somewhere to buy oil or put it in.

It is leaking right near the oil cap. around there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
KrayzieKidDX said:
I've been running it with low oil, not no oil, and only until I can get somewhere to buy oil or put it in.

It is leaking right near the oil cap. around there.
As long as your oil light never came on, then the oil pump should have picked up some oil and sent it to the valvetrain and your head should be fine. How on earth does an oil leak near the oil filler cap indicate a bad head? Did your girlfriend's dad actually remove the head and look at it, or is he making assumptions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was not home, but I am guessing he tore it apart.
What should I look for on the valve cover gasket to see if thats the problem>
The car smokes sometimes too, so is that an indication of oil leaking in the head?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
KrayzieKidDX said:
I was not home, but I am guessing he tore it apart.
What should I look for on the valve cover gasket to see if thats the problem>
The car smokes sometimes too, so is that an indication of oil leaking in the head?
Take pictures of the probem. Does it smoke from the tailpipe or the engine bay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,012 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Take pictures of the probem. Does it smoke from the tailpipe or the engine bay?
What does it mean if it's smoking from the tailpipe? Please enlighten me. Seriously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is mostly white smoke that is coming out.
But the headgasket was just replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, its smoked white, before the new HG was put in, and now after..Think maybe the previous owner could have gotten alot of coolant in places it shouldnt have been, and it just needs maybe cleaned out, flushed out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
KrayzieKidDX said:
Well, its smoked white, before the new HG was put in, and now after..Think maybe the previous owner could have gotten alot of coolant in places it shouldnt have been, and it just needs maybe cleaned out, flushed out?
No, there would be nothing to clean out. Like gurusan said, they might have botched the HG job. It's not that difficult to botch, as I have messed up an HG job on our old minivan. It could be that you have a cracked head. A cylinder head is not a wear component, but if you let it overheat too much, it can crack and cause all sorts of problems. Maybe that's wht your GF's dad meant, if anything. Better him if he actually removed the head and looked at it. Also, if you are losing coolant, then you are loosing coolant. Check your reservoir.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The kid said he didn't drive it much on the blown headgasket, but, there was a shit load of stuff wrong with it when i got it that i had to fix so, who knows if he was lying. I have put so much money into this damn thing to get it up to par. And now it is. And now this happened. And I'm replacing the alternator now too.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top