Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W2M1KzDcCk

Rather leave it silent for the car enthus to enjoy.

Full JDM 98 spec ITR Swap:
-Accel 8mm spark plug wires
-Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
-Clutchmasters 9lb Flywheel
-AEM CAI w/ Summit Racing 3inch Velocity Stack
-O.E. JDM 4-1 Header - 2.5'' Collector
-CarSound 2.5'' Cat
-Skunk2 Megapower Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Mugen Program-Chipped P28 ECU
-koyo Radiator-Integra Type R-Spec.
-ACT HDSS Clutch

SUSPENSION:
-TEIN SS-DC2-Spec.
-Beaks Rear Lower Tie Bar
-Ingalls F/R Camber Kit
-LCA with a camber kit on them

3 Small Asian people (haha) in the car including myself the whole night. Check Engine Light is on due to my O2 Sensor is warned out.
I am shifting very lightly due to me loving my car. I baby my tranny. I am mainly building this car for Mountain Runs and every now and then, drags.

Future Plans:
-Skunk2 Stage 2 , Blox Type B, or BC3+ Cams (undecisive)
-Supertech Valvesprings and Retainers (Already Purchased)
-TWM 2000 series ITB's
-Better Race Header
-Traction Bar
-And many other random bars.
-ETC.

I will get more footages as my Engine project progress.

Flame it or love it. Enjoy.

Natural Aspirated Brothers are out!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pretty good vid.....I'd use night shot on in car night race scenes. The green hue sucks a bit, but at least you can see what's goin on. Good vid though....car seems strong.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
wootydb said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W2M1KzDcCk

Rather leave it silent for the car enthus to enjoy.

Full JDM 98 spec ITR Swap:
-Accel 8mm spark plug wires
-Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
-Clutchmasters 9lb Flywheel
-AEM CAI w/ Summit Racing 3inch Velocity Stack
-O.E. JDM 4-1 Header - 2.5'' Collector
-CarSound 2.5'' Cat
-Skunk2 Megapower Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Mugen Program-Chipped P28 ECU
-koyo Radiator-Integra Type R-Spec.
-ACT HDSS Clutch

SUSPENSION:
-TEIN SS-DC2-Spec.
-Beaks Rear Lower Tie Bar
-Ingalls F/R Camber Kit
-LCA with a camber kit on them

3 Small Asian people (haha) in the car including myself the whole night. Check Engine Light is on due to my O2 Sensor is warned out.
I am shifting very lightly due to me loving my car. I baby my tranny. I am mainly building this car for Mountain Runs and every now and then, drags.

Future Plans:
-Skunk2 Stage 2 , Blox Type B, or BC3+ Cams (undecisive)
-Supertech Valvesprings and Retainers (Already Purchased)
-TWM 2000 series ITB's
-Better Race Header
-Traction Bar
-And many other random bars.
-ETC.

I will get more footages as my Engine project progress.

Flame it or love it. Enjoy.

Natural Aspirated Brothers are out!
Off throttle oversteer is a bitch ain't it? Lost a car in the hills because of that and not wanting to hit other cars. Could have saved it but didn't want to hurt anyone.

Makes me miss my hatch pictured in my sig! Nothing like putting a B series motor in a car it should have been in to begin with. Nice little car man and drive safe!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
*sigh*

Love the car

i hump my motor everytime i pop the hood i know u do too.. gl with it, its coming along great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Off throttle oversteer is a bitch ain't it? Lost a car in the hills because of that and not wanting to hit other cars. Could have saved it but didn't want to hurt anyone.
haha word, thats weak man. It does change your way of driving when you go through spin outs though. I pretty much felt a real rough body roll at the end of the turn and I knew I was going to spin. I had to think quick instead of worrying about crashing and pull out of it to not fall into the ditch. Luckily it was around 4 am on weekends. Also I live in Washington where it rains at some parts of the City and its Clear on the other side of the hill.. Unfortunately, it was wet where I spun out. That's also when I realize I need a sway bar and traction bars :number1 Either way, I wouldve spun out regardless. Learn from my mistake :bash

Pretty good vid.....I'd use night shot on in car night race scenes. The green hue sucks a bit, but at least you can see what's goin on. Good vid though....car seems strong.
We had some bad luck with the camera. Turned out my homeboy cracked his screen so we were basically filming but not knowing what EXACTLY we were filming haha. Overall, it turned alot better then what we thought it wouldve turned out. The cars' motor is stock internally but the flywheel and clutch does make up for the nice feel in power. I can't wait (well I can) to see what it will be like once I uvirginized the engine and tune this bad girl.

*sigh*

Love the car

i hump my motor everytime i pop the hood i know u do too.. gl with it, its coming along great.
Yup, do it raw.. hahah

Glad you guys liked it and I hope people are enjoy it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
371 Posts
looks pretty fast. good runs. you from the seattle area? we should get a few runs in.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
wootydb said:
That's also when I realize I need a sway bar and traction bars :number1 Either way, I wouldve spun out regardless. Learn from my mistake :bash
a rear sway bar will make this worse, it will cause snap over-steer if and when you're off throttle mid turn. a traction bar wont do shit for you if you're building your car for "mountain runs". tranction bars are designed to stop wheel hop on hard launches aka going straight. you can go ahead and put whatever you want on your car, put all the bars you want. but, do realize they wont do shit for you if you don't know how to drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a rear sway bar will make this worse, it will cause snap over-steer if and when you're off throttle mid turn. a traction bar wont do shit for you if you're building your car for "mountain runs". tranction bars are designed to stop wheel hop on hard launches aka going straight. you can go ahead and put whatever you want on your car, put all the bars you want. but, do realize they wont do shit for you if you don't know how to drive.
haha k. Thanks.

My lower tie bar helped with the stability alot. Honestly, I just love driving. I learned something new everyday as I keep driving and reading. Thats the whole point of me getting this car and doing the things I do. But stabilizing your car so nothing will bend (When cornering) is also a goal. If it does not help then so be it. I learn and realize. Ill take your word in while I am doing what I am doing and if its true then you're right. If I feel it made my car more smoother then I will continue. That's how we all get our personal opinion inputs through testing and its dope that you're sharing it. But yea, thanks for your input. Ill keep it in mind. I am a regular driver who just want a car to run a rough road and a corner smoothly. And also I run into people who would try to run off the line drag. I just like to test shit out and see the difference. In Washington, all of our runs near the mountains are just insane. We have alot of nice curves and alot of shitty roads too haha. So Im pretty lucky to say the least for testing the car out. Good or bad of a driver I am, if I keep going, I will only get better right?

looks pretty fast. good runs. you from the seattle area? we should get a few runs in.
I am located in the Tacoma Area. Let me know. I am unproductive sometimes out here.. haha

So what did it run at the track?
Never took it to the tracks. Once I get my undecisive cams and valvesprings/ ti retainers then I will take it to the tracks. Right now, its my daily baby.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
wootydb said:
haha k. Thanks.

My lower tie bar helped with the stability alot. Honestly, I just love driving. I learned something new everyday as I keep driving and reading. Thats the whole point of me getting this car and doing the things I do. But stabilizing your car so nothing will bend (When cornering) is also a goal. If it does not help then so be it. I learn and realize. Ill take your word in while I am doing what I am doing and if its true then you're right. If I feel it made my car more smoother then I will continue. That's how we all get our personal opinion inputs through testing and its dope that you're sharing it. But yea, thanks for your input. Ill keep it in mind. I am a regular driver who just want a car to run a rough road and a corner smoothly. And also I run into people who would try to run off the line drag. I just like to test shit out and see the difference. In Washington, all of our runs near the mountains are just insane. We have alot of nice curves and alot of shitty roads too haha. So Im pretty lucky to say the least for testing the car out. Good or bad of a driver I am, if I keep going, I will only get better right?
Seat time is key, I'm sure you know that already. ;)

Just keep driving and you'll pick things up overtime. I'v been building up my EG slowly for the past 4 years. If you got any questions hit me up. Drive safe! :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
nice video and nice car. Be careful out there I would hate to see wrecked photos up on SHO of that beauty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts