Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pertaining to my previous post, my jack gave out and my car fell on the rotor, dust shield on bottom got bent but do you guys think i could have damaged the control arm? my friend says no since its like hittin a big pothole and that there shuld be only scratches on the rotor. any thoughts? if it is damaged, how would i know?

·
Registered
344 Posts
mostly you'll like to have readjustment on all four sides again to correct the camber. bad Potholes always screw your car balances. You better to get all suspension checked out. You can't get an opinion without getting your car checked out first.

·
Registered
712 Posts
dang, thats probably my worst fear when doing stuff with my car. i hate it when you're jacking the car up and you here crackling from the stress being put on the jack and the car. sorry bro.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Man, lucky you weren't killed. One of my mom's co-workers son was almost crushed by a Jeep that fell off the lift where he works as a mechanic. Lucky the Jeep has clearance from the ground higher than that of a car, or else he would have been killed. He hurt his neck and back, and is in rehab still right now. A sharp impact to the wheels/rotors could throw it off balance, that's what happended when I hit a huge pothole going about 50mph...the wheel started shaking at high speeds, like the highway. Get it checked out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Damn man. You have to be careful doing this kind of work. If you are going to work for a long period of time under or near a car with the wheels off, PLEASE PUT IT ON JACKSTANDS. And I don't mean the stock X-jack. Get yourself a pair of 2-ton or 4-ton jackstands, they are really cheap. Second, you'll need to bleed your brakes from the stuff I read in your previous post. You did not need to open the brake lines at all when you change your pads. You need to open brake reservoir cap so that the pistons can be compressed back in. Your brake light is on probably because you lost brake fluid and is now low. There is air in your brake lines and you need to bleed them asap. Please don't do this yourself if you don't know what you are doing. Go to a shop and have it done. If the lines aren't bled correctly, it's a life and death situation when you try to stop.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
t-rd said:
Damn man. You have to be careful doing this kind of work. If you are going to work for a long period of time under or near a car with the wheels off, PLEASE PUT IT ON JACKSTANDS. And I don't mean the stock X-jack. Get yourself a pair of 2-ton or 4-ton jackstands, they are really cheap. Second, you'll need to bleed your brakes from the stuff I read in your previous post. You did not need to open the brake lines at all when you change your pads. You need to open brake reservoir cap so that the pistons can be compressed back in. Your brake light is on probably because you lost brake fluid and is now low. There is air in your brake lines and you need to bleed them asap. Please don't do this yourself if you don't know what you are doing. Go to a shop and have it done. If the lines aren't bled correctly, it's a life and death situation when you try to stop.
i had to take off that hose because the top bolt on the rear caliper would not come loose

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey, I'm glad you're not hurt too badly. But for the car, it shouldn't be damaged much, if any. I mean, only one corner of the car was jacked up, right? If you want to do any work that takes longer than 5 minutes, you should get jack stands or some ramps. Those spare tire changing jacks are meant for temporary use.

Oh, by the way, did you get my last message to you? I WANT THOSE CAR COVER PAPERS! SEND IT VIA FIRST CLASS IF YOU HAVE TO. I want the owner's manual, warranty registration card, and all that. I paid $125 to have your used covers. I think I was generous when I bought them from you. Since I offered a higher price than normal, I thought you'd go the extra mile in fulfilling that order, man. Anyway, that's between you and I. Email me to discuss this. Later.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
showgunz said:
Thanks, dude. Really appreciate it.
by the way, i think to say they were used is an over statement. they are brand new practically. and you got an awesome deal on that car cover. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts