Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have secured nitrous noid and the line from the noid to the nozzle, and will hopefully have a 10lb bottle and 14' of feed line soon. After that, I just need a dry nozzle and mounting nut, a power switch, and some misc. fittings and a couple of jets for your basic dry kit. Will also have an MSD rpm WS to keep me from spraying too soon. Might pick up a bottle heater just to be more consistent, might leave it alone for now. Anyone have any suggestions on some nice accessories to this kit?

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
make sure you have the racer safety valve and the blow down tube..without it the tracks wont let you run...Newer bottles come witht he valve already..but the older ones do not.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I figured that, still shopping around for one. Does it have to be a hard line, or can you just run braided line for the tube? (can't tell how big the connector is, it looks kinda big though)

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Yea, I figured that, still shopping around for one. Does it have to be a hard line, or can you just run braided line for the tube? (can't tell how big the connector is, it looks kinda big though)
Most of them use the hard line..but I have seen a braided line for it..but the braided line may not satisfy the nhra rules unless you have a bracket that holds then end in place. Because if it does purge the system that hose end is going to fly around.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paypal is really getting on my nerves. I couldn't send any money til I got the account verified, so I got it verified. Now there is apparently a restriction on how much I can send in a month, wtf is up with this?

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any particular reason for that post johnny, or is it just that you really are a ricer? Or maybe your post-whoring:lmao, but any way you slice it, wtf are you talking about?

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
STFU you little sh*t. Why in the hell would I pay 600 bucks when I can do it this way? Same concept as piecing together a turbo kit, just transferred it over to a nitrous kit(lemme guess, piecing together a turbo kit's a good way to blow your engine too?). Oh, by the way, the only thing that could cause my system to fail and blow my engine up is if the noid fails, and I plan on rebuilding that ASAP, so not really an issue. You really are a SOB, so go hide in a corner until you learn to behave yourself.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you obviously have not taken a look at the other post I started, it's the one that's 3 pages long (seriously, take a look) Plan on pulling 2* timing and going 1 step colder plugs, not sure what you want me to have tuned:confused, enlighten me.

PS: yea, my random-ass all one brand parts, that go hand-in-hand it with each other, they're just cheaper.....
PS#2: I do eventually plan on getting it on a dyno, but as long as the engine doesn't blow, I'll be happy (and with stock timing, retarding 2* should def. keep it from blowing)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
johnny ricer is a gnomerpile, ignore him and all his posts, hes posting garbage all over

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the little sachmo was about to set me off on another one of my rants (yea, what do I call my initial response to his post :D). Thanks for the support from you guys though, I really take stuff like ya'lls support to heart, it's good to see that even when people have slightly different opinions, the can get along and support each other (ie, the opposite of johnnyricer lol). Maybe I need to go to the EQ section lol:hehe

PS: Having trouble getting hold of a bottle, of course it is hard to find a solid source for a 10 lb bottle for under 100 bucks. Anybody have an extra?:ninja

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, last time i checked, 2 liters don't hold 10 lbs of much (maybe lead :)) The whole issue could have been avoided if he had just read the whole PS, the lazy savage:D (it's all in good fun, nobody get mad) By the way, could someone delete all those posts of mine in a row that make me look like a raving lunatic?

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I was joking of course when I mentioned a 2 liter:D

:ninja
Or was I?!?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.