Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No, it's definitely not pop, pop is a 1950's word for father or grandfather, or one of the characters from Rice Krispies Treats. It most assuredly is NOT a name for carbonated sugary beverage though, that would be soda, or call it by its name; ie: Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc.....

The world would be a sad place if Southerners couldn't listen to the goofy stuff Yankees say, and visa versa :D:lol2

· Registered
10,346 Posts
POP>SODA :lol

· Registered
10,346 Posts
My pop of choice is canned mountain dew, just aint the same bottled :ninja

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
there are two different topics in one thread, half the posts don't make since due to the removal of the johnnyricer posts (and johnnyricer himself, I hope), and the most fluent topic here is on whether or not soda is soda or pop (it's obviously soda, mattliston is crazy, he doesn't count:D). With that said, the 50-75 hp shot will definitely help with the turbo lag from the bigger turbo. If you want some really good help with the setup, check out nitrousforum. com, it's a dedicated nitrous site, and there's more than a few knowledgeable people that can help you with the setup of that.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
there are two different topics in one thread, half the posts don't make since due to the removal of the johnnyricer posts (and johnnyricer himself, I hope), and the most fluent topic here is on whether or not soda is soda or pop (it's obviously soda, mattliston is crazy, he doesn't count:D). With that said, the 50-75 hp shot will definitely help with the turbo lag from the bigger turbo. If you want some really good help with the setup, check out nitrousforum. com, it's a dedicated nitrous site, and there's more than a few knowledgeable people that can help you with the setup of that.
i don't have turbo lag....

i'm currently running a t25g. tiny thing. spooled by 2500 rpms

two the turbo i'm going to gt28rs aka disco potato will make around 10 psi at 2700 rpms. and be fully spooled before 3500 rpms and my redline is at 7500 rpms. i want n20 for topend, not spool time.

I'm a nitrous mod.....and yes rice tard was banned

· Registered
10,346 Posts
a POP bottle is plenty good for NAWZ, you can run a 999 shot outta it :ninja

Last thing I want done to my car right now is turbo and nitrous, Just another thing to make my engine crap out :lol

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
a POP bottle is plenty good for NAWZ, you can run a 999 shot outta it :ninja

Last thing I want done to my car right now is turbo and nitrous, Just another thing to make my engine crap out :lol
not if you tune/build it.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
i don't have turbo lag....

i'm currently running a t25g. tiny thing. spooled by 2500 rpms

two the turbo i'm going to gt28rs aka disco potato will make around 10 psi at 2700 rpms. and be fully spooled before 3500 rpms and my redline is at 7500 rpms. i want n20 for topend, not spool time.

You should make a custom twin turbo setup with 2 t25g, that would prolly pull fucking good. Who can say they have a twin turbo 4 cylinder? Thats right NO ONE bitch :lol

REP for getting johnny banned

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I wasn't talking about about lag you have now, I was talking about when you went to a bigger turbo hence the "turbo lag from the bigger turbo" :)

Top end is good to :D (but you could do 2 stages, so if your at the track the turbo will spool faster for you, but it's your choice, just a thought...)

I realize your a n2o mod, so your obviously not ignorant on the subject by any means, but other opinions are always good, can't hurt to have more than one head looking at the problem, right?

And finally, rice tard:hehe:clappy:D funny:)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WVU97GS-R again."

:lol

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
You should make a custom twin turbo setup with 2 t25g, that would prolly pull fucking good. Who can say they have a twin turbo 4 cylinder? Thats right NO ONE bitch :lol

REP for getting johnny banned

a pointless setup with no benefits. 4 cylinder firing order coupled with two pistons trying to spool a turbo. it has no benefits on a 4 cyl

old subaru's came stock with twin turbo 4cyls and they sucked.

todays turbos are just so advanced it isn't warranted.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I wasn't talking about about lag you have now, I was talking about when you went to a bigger turbo hence the "turbo lag from the bigger turbo" :)

Top end is good to :D (but you could do 2 stages, so if your at the track the turbo will spool faster for you, but it's your choice, just a thought...)

I realize your a n2o mod, so your obviously not ignorant on the subject by any means, but other opinions are always good, can't hurt to have more than one head looking at the problem, right?

And finally, rice tard:hehe:clappy:D funny:)
i know what you were talking about. and the only time i would need nitrous to spool a turbo is if i were going with a 700+whp setup. a gt28rs is a much bigger turbo but it's dual ball bearings and ideal for quick spool and good to 350whp.

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ok, I'm not an expert by any means, so I'll go with you on this one.

Back to the original topic, do you think I need to pull 2* of timing for the 50 shot? Seeing as how the factory tunes the timing a little on the conservative side, and some people say the first 50 hp in a n2o shot doesn't need a timing retard anyway, would it be alright to stay with the stock timing?

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
you're modding this section with me? I didnt know that..fuckin a..i dont need yoru bitch ass in here..BAN

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
there are two different topics in one thread, half the posts don't make since due to the removal of the johnnyricer posts (and johnnyricer himself, I hope),.
I could always just delete the thread :D

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
Ok, I'm not an expert by any means, so I'll go with you on this one.

Back to the original topic, do you think I need to pull 2* of timing for the 50 shot? Seeing as how the factory tunes the timing a little on the conservative side, and some people say the first 50 hp in a n2o shot doesn't need a timing retard anyway, would it be alright to stay with the stock timing?
you would honestly be ok..but I would jsut take it out as a safety precaution. No sense in getting greedy..especially since that 2 degrees isnt going to cost you much power

· Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
not necessary, although an answer to my last question would be helpful, any suggestions on that? (I know I sound like the biggest smartass here, but I'm not, it's a sincere request for an answer to my delima :))

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.