Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not bad. The interior looks good? The header panel looks to be in one piece that a good thing. Hows it run?
ya interior is pretty nice no rips or anything. I was so happy when I went to look at it and the header panel was in one piece, it will probably fall off in the next few years but oh well.. it runs great, i want to flush the radiator and replace it a better one I have but it sounds smooth and good, it pulls really hard all the way to redline.

@ jordan, ya dude its rust free, well actually I am sure with the sunroof I could find some rust under there but its probably just a little surface rust. Plans for now are just to replace axles, cv boots, and other maintainence stuff for a older car. But I got koni yellow adjustable shocks waiting, springs, rear suspension technique sway bar, and some other goodies, its going to be a very fun car to drive. I'm keeping the engine stock till I feel happy with suspension/brakes. This car is going to be my daily driver so I'm going to keep it simple.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Awesome rex! That should be an awesome car. Your makeing me want to get mine done faster.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
nice. i need to get a rex. i have come close a couple times but never went through with it. i think im going to get one with my tax refund.

· Registered
1,426 Posts

· Registered
20,101 Posts
Is yours better than mine? lol, dosent yours have a bad motor too?
well it burns and leaks oil very bad
where do you live? define rough.
southern ohio, rough..... there is a rust hole in the floor board about the size of a baseball, both quarter panels are shot, the left front fender is shot

but it does have kyb gr2 shocks that are only about 3 years old lol

· Registered
1,426 Posts

southern ohio, rough..... there is a rust hole in the floor board about the size of a baseball, both quarter panels are shot, the left front fender is shot

at least there is some good to it. lol shit i would have to trailer that bitch back down to tn. depending on how much i get back i might take you up on it. what year is it?

· Registered
12,453 Posts

Wow, yours sounds like a clone of mine, lol. Except my quarters are better, and there is no hole in the floorboard.

· Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey.. back on topic... keep admiring my 1g. :lol2

No one mentioned that I got the "rare" factory bumper guards. Among other things. Also the exhaust isn't stock.. take a guess what brand. Good thing about the 85 si was that it came with a 140mph speedo. Like I'm really going to go that fast ... Oh and lastly the 1st gen si was a bit faster then the 2nd gen si. :cool

· Registered
12 Posts
i have a 87 si but i got rear ended in that bitch its totaled but theres a good chance im gonna part it out even tho it still runs and drives like a champ hit me up if your interesed,, .. and damn these 1st gens needed a little more inovative way to hold on the front and rear bumber your rear looks fine but the front is sagging like expected lol not a really ruff fix but it will make the differnece when all you lines run smooth my freind..
i just shimed mine up with some washers and new bolts was strong and looked all the better

· Registered
21 Posts
Hey.. back on topic... keep admiring my 1g. :lol2

No one mentioned that I got the "rare" factory bumper guards. Among other things. Also the exhaust isn't stock.. take a guess what brand. Good thing about the 85 si was that it came with a 140mph speedo. Like I'm really going to go that fast ... Oh and lastly the 1st gen si was a bit faster then the 2nd gen si. :cool
Not only was it a little faster than the 2nd gen, but it was a little faster than the other two 1st SIs. The '85 was always slightly quicker due to a slightly lighter weight. It doesn't have the ground effects and heavier front end fascia. It also has unique to '85 wheels. That car of yours is a HUGE find..... take car of it. That car is also the second fuel injected Honda in the US. Many people won't remember the first one.

Your CRX is absolutely beautiful!! I'm very jealous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.