Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after asking millions of questions, and posting many topics about it I have decided.

I'm goin to go with the H&R sport srings w/ KYB/AGX struts.

I was goin to go with the GC coilover sleeves, but I decided against them.

I should have my suspenion in about a week. I will post pics when I get it done. Thanks again for everyones help :D

Hope to see everyone back soon....

· Registered
753 Posts
Hey all, whats up? Glad to be back at SHO. Anyways, what's the difference between coilovers and coilover sleeves, other than price? I know that coilovers are hella expensive. I'm learning more and more about my car everyday and one other thing. What will I need in order to lower my car? I want to get Volk Racing TE-37 and have about a 1.5-2 inch drop. I also want to be able to adjust my ride height for seasonal purposes. What do you do you all suggest? Oh yeah. Price is not a factor in my book.
Thanks.

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The difference between coilovers and coilover sleeves is:
Coilovers have the adj spring and strut all in one.
Coilover sleeves do not have a strut, just the adj spring.

It is highly recommended that with coilover sleeves you buy after market struts.

A good combo would be Ground control coilover sleeves, and Koni yellow adj. struts.

If you are not worried at all about money take a look at tein products. They are kind of costly, but I hear they are one of the best. Let us know if you have any other question.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone!

Anyone can give me an idea about what can i get if i want to tune my suspension without lowering...... i dont want lowering, my car is with stock suspension with a Mugen Fron Lip and it has already hit the ground several times.

Thanks

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SweetEBPSi said:
Try getting some sway and tower strut bars. That can give you a little tighter suspension.

Hey v00tecsi, how much does price compare between tein products and Ground control coilover sleeves with Koni yellow adj. struts.
Well GC coilovers are about 300, and koni yellows are about 500
that is 800 for everything.

Tein products will run you anywhere from 1000-2000+ (acording to tein.com) It all depends on how much you wanna spend.

What will you be using it for? Looks/performance for street use? Or all out performance for the track?

· Registered
50 Posts
SiR Racer said:
Hi everyone!

Anyone can give me an idea about what can i get if i want to tune my suspension without lowering...... i dont want lowering, my car is with stock suspension with a Mugen Fron Lip and it has already hit the ground several times.

Thanks
you can pick up some neuspeed OE springs which will give you only a .75 inch drop and pair them with some koni yellows. That will increase suspension performance greatly. You can also go with coilovers or sleeves, i think you may be able to raise them up to stock height. hope this helps

· Registered
753 Posts
v00tecsi said:

Well GC coilovers are about 300, and koni yellows are about 500
that is 800 for everything.

Tein products will run you anywhere from 1000-2000+ (acording to tein.com) It all depends on how much you wanna spend.

What will you be using it for? Looks/performance for street use? Or all out performance for the track?
I will probably be using them for looks/performance for street.

· Registered
691 Posts
I already have GC sleeves, and am strongly considering Tokico HP (blues). Anyone have this setup? Or use these struts? Just wanted some feed back, was considering AGX but don't know if I want to worry about adjusting, my friend has the blues and I really like the ride quality.

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depends on how low you wanna go. The blues will blow if you go too low. They are not meant for an extrem drop. The AGX's are not meant for a drop lower than 1.5 either.

So if you plan on going lower than 1.5-1.75 I would go with the Koni yellows.

· Registered
25 Posts
I picked up the TEIN Coilover kit, and I have to say it is the best way to go if you have the $$. I spent a little over 1100, but it was well worth it... You can either have the comfort or all out race setting in one, and you have full height adjustment as well, just something to think about..

· Registered
691 Posts
I would love to go Tein but just don't have the $. I would go with Koni yellows, but when I ordered my GC coilovers, they asked if I was going to use Koni struts, I said no. When I asked why they asked me, they said that they would have to send me different sleeves that would work with the Koni struts. Otherwise, the sleeves I got would work with all other struts. And this was directly from Ground Control. Does this sound right? Cause if it is, I am not going to be able to use the Koni struts. Would Tokico Illuminas be an equivalent option?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.