Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know I got a 1999 LS with 58k on it and I thought I would post some pics, opinions appreciated.

^I removed the dealer sticker cause I really hated it lol

So yea there she is, I really am in love with her, I know it's nothing special, but like always opinins would be appreciated.

-5000...indeed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well since it is auto(sadly) I don't have too many options, I am probably gonna get a shrt ram intake really soon, and from there I have no clue, I want this to be a daily driver with some punch. Maybe consider a catbak, or new suspension, maybe get lighter rims aswell. If anyone has any input as to what should be done please let me know cause I really like the people on this forums input.

-5000...indeed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the advantage to a cold air as opposed to a short ram, also with the headers how much are we talking(still in HS :-/) and where would I go to get them installed(I won't have acces to a shop after the beginning of June).

-5000...indeed

PS:When I said where to get it installed I am not talking about specific shops I am talking about general things, like I know Pep Boys couldn't do it, but are there any chains that would?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
cold air will get you more top end power, as in higher peak numbers. but short ram has a little better response as opposed to cai. with the cai, you also have the possibility to hydrolock your engine. this happens when you drive through a big puddle or any body of water, then you get water into your intake, then into your engine :bye you can do a bypass valve on a cai which wont allow that to happen, but it also reduces the power made by the intake performance by ~30% injen make a two piece intake, so you can disconnect the cold air portion and turn it into a short ram if its raining. headers can be anywhere from 200-1000, mostly around the 250-400 range. if you do get one, i suggest you try installing it yourself, its really straight foward, and you get to experience working on your car for yourself. plus it feels more rewarding if you do it yourself...if you need help with installing it, just ask us here on the forum
quikflip

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
quikflip27 said:
cold air will get you more top end power, as in higher peak numbers. but short ram has a little better response as opposed to cai. with the cai, you also have the possibility to hydrolock your engine. this happens when you drive through a big puddle or any body of water, then you get water into your intake, then into your engine :bye you can do a bypass valve on a cai which wont allow that to happen, but it also reduces the power made by the intake performance by ~30% injen make a two piece intake, so you can disconnect the cold air portion and turn it into a short ram if its raining. headers can be anywhere from 200-1000, mostly around the 250-400 range. if you do get one, i suggest you try installing it yourself, its really straight foward, and you get to experience working on your car for yourself. plus it feels more rewarding if you do it yourself...if you need help with installing it, just ask us here on the forum
quikflip

ls vtec, with b16a tranny..it'll knock ur socks off :p..vtec heads go for about 400 completely :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was in great condition and running strong then some stupid women decided to hit me and drive off, basically screwing me but meh I got a newer car with lesser miles on it, although I still owe my parents $$ :-/

-5000...indeed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5000:
Leaving - Rap slang - late 80's
Shortened from Audi 5000, which was an alternate version of Audi, which means "out"

Homes1: Yo, you want another 40?
Homes2: Nah man, I'm 5000. I'll sniff ya on the flip.

Indeed:
I just like the word

so yea they really have no REAL meaning I am just a loser like that

-5000...indeed

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
quikflip27 said:
injen make a two piece intake, so you can disconnect the cold air portion and turn it into a short ram if its raining.
my cai is a two piece. i love it.

Collicchio said:
5000:
Shortened from Audi 5000, which was an alternate version of Audi, which means "out"

Indeed:
I just like the word

-5000...indeed
lol

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Collicchio said:
5000:

Indeed:
I just like the word

-5000...indeed
:lol thanks, that made my morning

·
Registered
265 Posts
it sure looks like a clean one and for black thats hard to find. i'd take off the rear wiper. quick easy job, cleaner look and if you need to use it you're driving to slow! then do like the rest say. the air filter is the best dollar to hp improvement you can do. its always first on my list

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ny suggestions as to which intake to get, I was looking at an AEM on but I mean that was like one of the first that came up, is there one that is relativly cheap but good quality?

-5000...indeed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.