Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i'm leaving a store i pull the door handle to open the door and the handle snaps off. I soo fuckin pissed right now. I called stupid Honda they told me the part is like 70 bucks. Does anyone know if its a hard thing to install or not. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
if you can take the door panel off its pretty much easy.... oh and don't get ripped off by honda.... call around junk yards first....u could probably pick one up for less than 50 hopefully the same color as your car...

try this site..

www.car-parts.com

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey that happened to me last year too... i got one from a junk yard for like 30 bucks... and then i got it painted and installed for another 30..... so 60 all together..... but if you can find one thats the color of your car it probably wouldnt cost you more than 45 or so to get it and get it put on...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually i bought a brand new one online for 37 bucks and free shipping. I just need to figure out how to put it on. Anyone have any ideas, i looked in chilton but there was nothing about the outer door handle.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yeah i pulled mine off in the winter.. my door was frozen shut i was running late and pissed off already and i ripped it off like a dumbass... o well....

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
If you have power door locks, watch out for the connectors when you take apart & reassemble the door mechanisms... They are somewhat fragile...:cry:

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
If you have power door locks, watch out for the connectors when you take apart & reassemble the door mechanisms... They are somewhat fragile...:cry:
yes they are... i was taking apart my doors yesterday to put in my new speakers and i hate the clips on them! luckily i never break them i'v gotten used to taking off my door panel... done it like a million times... lol...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So in order to get the new handle on do i just take apart the entire door both sides (interior and exterior) and go from there or is there an actual like quick and easier way to get to the door handle without ripping the entire door apart. I looked in my chilton a couple times now and all it tells about is the interior.
So i dont know anyone have any suggestions????

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
there is notihng to take apart on the exterior... if you have the chiltons manual it should show you step by step on how to do it... look for it...

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
lol yall must be some strong mofos to be pulling door handles off. geez, never heard of that before. But hell, ive never heard of people stealing other peoples lenses either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts