Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k sence last time i was realy here, my car was recked and my engine blew so here is my plan tell me if its good.

Z3 fenders lightweight :)
fiberglass trunk
carbon fiber hood
take out everything out of the enterior and i meen everything dashboard and all and just leave driver seat
B18c1 fully rebuilt engine with stage 3 clutch (getting it from a friend)
Fiberglass dashboard, only weights 6 pounds. Getting gauges for a speedometer, fuel, oil and tach so no heavy gauge cluster, basicly making my car weight nothing :)
getting rota slipstreams
maybe convert the front end to 99 style so i can get the bad ass si bumper and lip :) but not sure about the last one

also this car wont be street legal for obvious reasons :)
*trunk and fiberglass dashboard lol :)*

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
That would be okay, not very fast for all the weight reductions you'd be doing, plus it'd probably be tough to sell once you're sick of it. Just build and turbo a b18c1 in it, I think you'd be happier wih that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
CivicOwnage said:
k sence last time i was realy here, my car was recked and my engine blew so here is my plan tell me if its good.

Fiberglass dashboard, only weights 6 pounds. Getting gauges
why not just mount your gauges somewhere, leave out the dash :confused:

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
since you are stripping the interior, sounds like you are tryin to build a race-car. If that is the case, I would sell the 6G HX and get a 5G hatch. Better platform to work with. Also, decide if you want N/A or F/I. You would get more out of FI for less money, but some like the NA route.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
might as well go one piece front end and not waste time with buying fenders and a hood

next thing would be roll cage and fiberglass doors

then maybe some FAL windows all the way around(not cheap)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts