Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

My reverse indiglo guages with Flourescent needles. PIC!!

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  HondaEX 
#1 ·
I used to have the regualer indiglos in and had my needles paited red. They looked great in the daytime and atnight the needles looked black on against the indiglo surface. I recently changed out my guages to the reverse ones but couldnt see my neeldes due to the fact that the background was now black at night. Well I bought some flourescent paint and installed a pair of 6" mini balcklights from Street Glow above the guages where the factory lights were(some modification was necessary). Well here is a pic of them.........sorry its a bit blurry.

See less See more
#9 ·
its hella pimp

#13 ·
I was going to take pictures of the process when I did it but left my camera at home before I went to work. I took the dash panel apart and painted the nedles with some flourescent paint that I got from Hobby Town USA. It is in a bottle with a flip up top........not the kind in the little jars or spray can. I had to put about 4-5 coats on and allow for each to dry good. On top of the cluster assembly there is a housing for the small (194 style) bulbs that light up over the factory guages. Remove that piece and take out the blue lense. I disconnected the bulbs there. I oredered a pair of Street GLow mini accent tube blacklight neon tubes.......the 6" ones. I then tied them together with zip ties and trimmed the black part of the guage housing where the blue lense used to be. There is a lip that held the blue lense that needed to be trimmed about 1/16th of an inch or so all the way around.I had some of that chrome foil tape and wrapped the white piece that covered the blue lense with it so that it would make a good reflection surface for the neons. I then zip tied the 2 tubes to the underside of the white cover and screwed it back into place. Now the blacklights shine down on the guages and light up the needles.........but they also make the guages a really cool looking color. It turned out really good. They had like 4-5 different colors there to choose from. I will try to get the name of the paint tomorrow if I remember. Thanks for the compliments guys!

#16 ·
yeah it looks pretty neat
although i would not want to go back and install reverse indis on 96 accord...it was sooooo much pain in the ass....i had to take half of the car apart ...damn hidden screw
its so much easier on newer accords
:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.