Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a video my friend slapped together real quick of my run Just this past sunday of my CRVtec EK hatchback its the silver one in the right lane. its my fastest time this year with this motor that i built and put in september of 2005 only ran it at the track twice this year. it was a good run seeing as how i was a bone head and put a full tank of gas in my car completly forgeting that i was gonna run the car at the track. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/bobbys/0/44B80CC3-8CB5-444D-AE7A-6D9F41A9A010.htm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ITs a CRVtec
b16a head just a small port and polish job
Skunk2 stage 2 cams
Skunk2 cam gears
Skunk2 intake manifold
Skunk2 titanium valve springs and retainers
stock throttle body
Aem fuel rail and pressure regulator
RC 440cc injectors

B20B crv block
Weisco 11.5:1 pistons
stock rods
micro polished crank
GSR bearings
GSR oil pump
GSR water pump
GE LS/CRV vtec conversion kit
GE block guard
Cheap OBX R header
RSR test pipe and full catback exhaust

Tuned with Crome
215whp and 156lbs torque

next mods will be TWM 50mm ITBS and a DTR header power goal of at least 240whp

·
Registered
772 Posts
thats pretty sick, but i think either your tune is messed up or your not getting enough traction, an h22a ek runs 13.8-14.0 (est) and an h22a puts down about 165-175whp, you are putting down 215 with a lighter engine. maybe that full tank killed you i dont know, just doesnt seem right, or maybe you weigh 500lbs or had a dead body in a potato sack in the back, thats usually my problem :ninja

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
sounded like you didnt launch very well, sitting and spinning is never good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah the full tank of gas didnt help at all seeing how one gallon of gas is 6lbs of weight times that by the ten gallons it holds thats a lot of weight. plus the class i run in is a Street N/A class so you must have full interior. my 60ft times were garbage all day 2.1 60fts isnt bad but not good either. i bought new tires for that day also im runnin Toyo RA1s which helped a lot from the last time i ran a month ago. but i think i need a 2step launch and set of those expensive traction bars. plus im trying to get the cash for that DTR header so i can get more hp espscially in the mid range. but thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im gonna guess around 4500 to 5500 didnt really pay attention cuz i couldnt see the tree at first because wheni did my burn out i left the heater on and all the smoke blew in but im pretty sure the few times i looked at my tach at the line i was reving between those rpms

1 - 17 of 17 Posts