Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am ordering wiseco pistons for my accord and i was wondering if the stock comp ratio is good i talked to the guys and i have searched and 8.8:1 seems about optimal for boost of course they will be forged and i am planning on buying pauter x-beam rods and studs, a block gaurd, custom "equal length" manifold, turbo ? (any suggestions would be great thinking about hte t3/t04e 60 trim) also planning on doing a little head work with better valves, springs, retainers, and cam with an adjustable cam gear, AEM underdrive pulleys, clutchnet 6 puck sprung hub clutch, lightened flywheel? (not sure yet) a FMIC, hondata, greddy profec b type s. thats all i can think of right now it will be a while befor i get all of that but that is what i am doing hopfully have most of it by the end of summer this year but god only knows what will happen to me my car or my job lol. i am wanting to make around 300- 350HP do you guys think it is possible thanks

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i think 8.8 is a little low, but thats my opinion.

depends on where you wanna make your power. 300-350 is not hard whatsoever. you can make that on low boost and pump gas. but my theory behind it all is it depends if you want the power on pump gas or race gas.
9:1 and around abouts will allow you to make the power on pummp gas. Higher compressions like 10:1 and over will in most cases allow the higher power levels to be made on race gas. 9.8:1 is a nice medium.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody else have any oppinions? suggestions? remarks of any kind?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
it depends on which year accord you have. the older accords have a much more friendly boost motor than the newer ones.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Stock compression ratio for the f22 non vtec is 8.8:1 which is perfect if u want to boost with a good margin for error. I have wiseco pistions which are the same 8.8:1 and beleive me, u wont have any trouble making those numbers. The weak point in our motors is the head which flows horribly, if u do head work you should be right there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts