Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason...i think i got a regular civic with a b16 swapped into it...what exactly are some obvious characteristics i dont have a 'fake' si?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
95vtecsrus said:
For some reason...i think i got a regular civic with a b16 swapped into it...what exactly are some obvious characteristics i dont have a 'fake' si?
gauge cluster, front grille doesn't have H emblem, it'll have the si wheels, does it have any badges on the back? what color is it?

Edit: here's pictures

gauge cluster looks different and says Si on it. they could've put this in their non-si but make sure it has it


do the wheels look liek this


and the grille
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hm i dont have the vin handy...did some si's come with factory fogs..or did they all have them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,816 Posts
95vtecsrus said:
hm i dont have the vin handy...did some si's come with factory fogs..or did they all have them?
it was an option so not all of them have it. if your car has the gauge cluster, wheels and grille that i posted above, and its either electron blue pearl, flamenco black pearl, or milano red. then its most likely an Si. there's no way to be absolutely sure unless you look at the VIN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
snozepp147 said:
it was an option so not all of them have it. if your car has the gauge cluster, wheels and grille that i posted above, and its either electron blue pearl, flamenco black pearl, or milano red. then its most likely an Si. there's no way to be absolutely sure unless you look at the VIN
the vin is the key
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
the seats as well, and look under the back of the car, if there is a swaybar, its an si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep i know there IS a sway bar back there...okay thanks..i was just curious cause the previous owner messed around with it a little bit and i wasnt too sure...since i was seeing some cars with factory fogs and stuff. Seen an ex which the body looked exactly like mine. oh and im sure its electron blue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY...UH CAN I RUN WITHOUT THE SECONDARY O2 SENSOR..IS THERE ANYWAY TO KEEP THE CEL LIGHT OFF WHILE HAVING IT OUT? WITH THE CAT I GOT ITS FACING THE WRONG WAY TOWARDS THE GROUND..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now besides that CEL light coming on...will anything else happen if i removed the sensor for the time being and blocked off the hole? that sensor doesnt have any effect on a/f mixture...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
look at the VIN on the dash and there is one on the engine, they should match. If its an origianal car.

Also rear disk brakes.

FYI-99-00 Si's came with the "H" in the grill. Just about everyone took them out.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top